Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:07:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingSchoolwork but still pretty cool.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Schoolwork but still pretty cool.  (Read 1556 times)
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »

This is a story that i had to write for school but it sounds like a pretty cool idea for a story driven game with tragedy and a twist. enjoy and critique.

Kohl and the Molowanian Space Cowboy Pirate Dinosaurs

January 6 2064: "My name is Kohl and I am a Space Ranger. I fight several breeds of space dinosaurs in all parts of the galaxy. I have been through several years of grueling and strenuous practice, training and hard work. My current health is poor and my sanity is slipping away otherwise I am completely ready to complete my upcoming tasks and objectives. In this segment of my current required video logs is about my journey to the molowanian system to rescue a pack of some of our best rangers. The adolescent feline squadron, better known as "kittens". They were taken by a group of very advanced dinosaurs who have taken the roles of "pirates" and "cowboys" from our not so distant past." Kohl enters his dispatchment capsule and is put into cryosleep.

April 14 2064: Kohl’s capsule has landed and has broken into pieces of rubble of burning food and supplies. Kohl awakes and is very badly injured; he applies a few ounces of biofoam to each of his wounds. “I am lucky to be alive after this crash. Many of my materials have combusted and are no longer usable. I will have to hunt for food on this foreign planet. I am setting off to the base of the dinos. I will be updating my progress in a few days once I make it to their base.”

April 21 2064: “After more than a week of traveling across this planet I have made it to my destination. I have been having severe arguments with another person in my head so it seems that my insanity has led me to develop schizophrenia. Many hallucinations have gotten me off track and lead me to places that only exist in my head. I fear that my brain is deteriorating and I am slowly slipping away. I am only able to make sense of what I have done after becoming lucid and finding my way back to the right trail. I will keep pushing on .”

April 24 2064: “I have been captured and put into an electric cage of some sort. The voice in my head has tempted me to touch the walls multiple times and succeeded in shocking me every time. This has damaged my mind even further and caused more than my sanity to fade. I have forgotten who are my friends and who are my foes. This may cause me to do things I do not want to do all I know now is that I need to escape this cage and get off of this planet”  Kohl fiddles with the lock for hours.

April 30 2064: “I have made it into the wilderness and have been attacked multiple times by animals I have never seen before in this planet’s profile. My skin is becoming scarred from their various attacks.”

May 2 2064: “ These animals are becoming bigger, stronger and weirder than ever. I wante- Oh God! Bugs! They’re in my helmet!” You cannot see through the helmet’s visor at this time because of the darkness of the camera’s view yet you can only see Kohl’s silhouette. Kohl is screaming and violently punching at his helmet’s visor. It slowly cracks as he furiously thrusts his fists at himself, and then it reaches it’s maximum damage… and breaks. Kohl falls to the ground no longer able to breath. The film goes on for hours until the camera’s batteries finally run out.

Kohl’s body is found four years later with a broken visor and multiple scars covering his body. Everything from his journey was there except for one thing. The only thing that didn’t match up with the logs was his location. He was not in some vast wilderness with fierce animals and bugs that crawl into your suit.

He was in a cage.

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »

coincidence the protagonist for my game was going to named Kohl early on with that exact spelling

your story is definitely unique

j'aime

totally shamylan'ed me at the last moment
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:21:48 PM by #Sharp » Logged

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »

Kinda cool, specially as its totally crazy but still serious (specially in his death)
Ctsingy33
Level 0

Scriptwriter, Poet, Theatre Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »

Love the ending and the portrayal of his death - very nice.

Have you thought about throwing the reader in at the start? Rather than explaining who Kohl is, just starting with the first log footage. Might be an exciting way to begin and would definitely create curiosity.

It's really good either way Smiley
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »

Holy crap, that is a disturbing short story.

I like it. Smiley
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:17:30 AM »

Evil You made my blood boil ...

J'aime aussi

Would be awesome if it was really a game ...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic