Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 02:18:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRemnant
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Remnant  (Read 25389 times)
[bk]door.maus
Level 0

Remember what the dormouse said: feed your head.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 04:40:58 PM »

The name is really nice (in fact, it's the reason I checked out the topic right away)! I love games that don't necessarily center around combat. My fondest memories of various games I've played are searching and exploring.

As for the art, I absolutely love the graphics style. The concept images are awesome as well. They form a cohesive and unique atmosphere, I think. My first thoughts on the images, before I read what the game was about, were along the lines of "I wonder if this game is going to be a lonely experience?"

I patiently await more!

zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

Are you going to speed up the little guy a bit in the final version of the animation? Seems a bit slow at the moment.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »

He seems slow because of the file size or maybe because of the browser. I'm not sure why it slows down. Sometimes it plays faster. The original plays it instantaneously.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »

Some new concept environments. First one is a night scene, the second one is a possible location, very huge, vast, and zoomed out lol. They're both done in different styles, but that won't change what the final would look like. Though it would be cool to make a game with a style like the night scene.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »

Just beautiful. This is the sort of world I would happily spend time in. I love all the thought you're putting into the small details which will really bring it to life (the gas plants and floating platforms are a personal favourite).

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2013, 06:48:14 PM »

The name is really nice (in fact, it's the reason I checked out the topic right away)! I love games that don't necessarily center around combat. My fondest memories of various games I've played are searching and exploring.

As for the art, I absolutely love the graphics style. The concept images are awesome as well. They form a cohesive and unique atmosphere, I think. My first thoughts on the images, before I read what the game was about, were along the lines of "I wonder if this game is going to be a lonely experience?"

I patiently await more!

Thanks Veiva! In a way it will be a lonely experience, but you will encounter villages of people and perhaps cities as well. But in your journey you will be alone.

Just beautiful. This is the sort of world I would happily spend time in. I love all the thought you're putting into the small details which will really bring it to life (the gas plants and floating platforms are a personal favourite).

Thanks Panurge!

New concept for a character in the game.

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 06:51:14 PM »

Epileptic.

That's wonderful.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »

Looking really nice

elija
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

Images look awesome!

Good luck mate.
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 01:36:41 AM »

absolutely loving your work, sean.  Definitely keeping an eye on this thread.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2013, 03:41:34 AM »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. New stuff:

Just so you know, this character is rather...large.

Sketches for possible locations.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »

Really really nice updates on the concepts.

Ashkin
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »

I... I want to go to there.
seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »

Thanks guys. New sketches. I'll be updating more and more sketches as I go. Actual game updates will be scarce since each member of the team is busy with a lot of school work. At the moment we are getting a lot of the basic blocks of the game to be done, and we are developing a pipeline for how the assets will be implemented in the game engine. I am still hindered by the animation, but once that's done, I'll be working on a couple things for the first level. After that, the first level should be playable...perhaps. When we reach that milestone, the rest will hopefully come easier and we can implement more levels for the alpha demo.

Tinyutopia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 01:04:24 AM »

I really like how this is coming along. Being a computer animation grad from ringling myself, I understand the challenge trying to compress an understanding of learning new tools with the challenge of building a unique aesthetic. Even more impressive that your an illustration major that doesn't require dabbling in interactive. I've been telling them for years that they should drop udk and start teaching unity instead, maybe projects like yours will convince them.

sonjool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:14 AM »

First of all, the art looks fantastic. The black and white compositions, the fauna and flora ideations are wonderful. The style reminds of Eyvind Earle because of the strong graphical shapes of your design coupled with more representational renderings. I really like the rock-crabs and the birds haha. I'm really looking forward to how this turns out.

Also if you don't mind me asking, how are you creating the scene in unity? Are those platforms (rocks and ground) just a texture of a plane and geometry hidden behind it to provide collision? Because on the second shot of the first page, I see the character is in front of one of the rocks.

wethesqueemish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »

Holy wow!  Well, hello there!

This looks beautiful, can't wait to play it!
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

The concept art looks very nice! Smiley Well done so far!

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »

I really like how this is coming along. Being a computer animation grad from ringling myself, I understand the challenge trying to compress an understanding of learning new tools with the challenge of building a unique aesthetic. Even more impressive that your an illustration major that doesn't require dabbling in interactive. I've been telling them for years that they should drop udk and start teaching unity instead, maybe projects like yours will convince them.

Sweet, cool to see a fellow Ringling graduate here! Yea, I totally agree, I don't understand why game art and design only teaches UDK; there's a whole broad range of video games that people can go into. In fact, the game art department has gone so far as to restrict students from making games! They can only make "game trailers" and not games.

First of all, the art looks fantastic. The black and white compositions, the fauna and flora ideations are wonderful. The style reminds of Eyvind Earle because of the strong graphical shapes of your design coupled with more representational renderings. I really like the rock-crabs and the birds haha. I'm really looking forward to how this turns out.

Also if you don't mind me asking, how are you creating the scene in unity? Are those platforms (rocks and ground) just a texture of a plane and geometry hidden behind it to provide collision? Because on the second shot of the first page, I see the character is in front of one of the rocks.

Thanks! I've gotten the reminds-me-of-Eyvind-Earle several times haha. I think though the final levels might look a tad different. I did study his work though a while ago, so I'm not surprised his shapes are seeping through. :/

Every parallax is on a separate geometric rectangle that is very thin, and the graphics are superimposed on the geometry. Some assets will be behind the character, and some in front.

Holy wow!  Well, hello there!

This looks beautiful, can't wait to play it!

Thanks, I can't wait to play it myself!

The concept art looks very nice! Smiley Well done so far!

Thank you!

NEWS:

New team member: Elizabeth McMahill, a recent computer animation graduate from Ringling College. She will be working on the animations.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »

Hi guys, so I finally have something at least.

It's a lame, very lame playable something/demo. WASD controls. The glowing mushrooms are climbable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42072694/Remnant%20Demo/index.html

It might appear too dark depending on your monitor calibrations. I apologize for that. Feel free to critique it as hard as you can.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic