Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:30:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Wild West
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: The Wild West  (Read 21982 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »

This is looking really sweet.

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »

Looks neat.  One thing that looks a little odd, though: the heat haze effect seems to also be applied to the black letterbox bar at the top in some of the gifs, which presumably shouldn't be the case unless there is actually meant to be a massive black UFO actually present in the scene.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks @HarryHarrison, @SolarLune, @amidos2006, @Alec S and everyonelse.

Looks neat.  One thing that looks a little odd, though: the heat haze effect seems to also be applied to the black letterbox bar at the top in some of the gifs, which presumably shouldn't be the case unless there is actually meant to be a massive black UFO actually present in the scene.

Good eye Lips Sealed!! Jaja, it´s a joke, I need these type of details checks, and I knew that "bug". The heat effect wasn´t really applied to the black frame, but it´s true that sometimes I was getting a strange effects in the upper/downer edges. I´m redoing the whole effect from the ground, so I hope I will have it fixed soon Smiley. I was suffering a wrong heat effect when I downscale the game to x1 for example (I usually play it at 2x), so, I´m working on fixing all that bugs.
And sincerely, thanks @Paul Jeffries for your critic, these things help me improve the game Smiley.

In the meanwhile, I´m working on new enemies, fixing/improving gameplay and details, and starting to prepare the login system for the future private pre-alpha testin phases Grin:

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 04:50:08 AM »

In the meanwhile, I´m working on new enemies, fixing/improving gameplay and details, and starting to prepare the login system for the future private pre-alpha testin phases Grin:

That's amazing Smiley I will be able to try it :D YaaaaY :D but I am just curious about the heat effect how did you do it Smiley

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 06:41:23 AM »

Well... good and bad news. Let´s start with the bad one:

• I´m resdesigning lots of things (near everything) internally. I´m having lots of issues, lots of new bugs and some strange behaviours I dind´t expected before. And that´s why the delay of some new screens or some new info.

The nice part, the good one:

• I think the result is going to be more consinsents, more easy to continue developing in the future, and finally, I think I´ve the good "pain" effect (one of the main reasons of reordering and changing lots of internal things).

In the other hand, I continue making some new animations and refining enemy behaviours.

That's amazing Smiley I will be able to try it :D YaaaaY :D but I am just curious about the heat effect how did you do it Smiley

That´s a secret Noir.
Nah, the effect is done combining some images with movements and webgl shadders (so, probably, it won´t work on old browsers, but ey, why aren´t we going to use Chrome Smiley?). I also fixed a bug related to this effect and rewriten it all to fit better the different screen sizes (x1, x2, x3...).

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »

Nice I use Chrome :D

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 01:55:42 AM »

Looks awesome! Reminds me somewhat of "Slayin", which is a great deal of praise in my book!
dx0ne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »

Looks super playable and atmospheric.

https://itch.io/dx0ne<br />faking gamedev success since 2083
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »

This game is full of:

Yeah.
Bladderbloat
Level 0

I make bugs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »

This game is full of:

I agree 300%!

"Ei auta itkut markkinoilla, töihin vain."
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »

It´s nice to come back and read all these supporting comments (and those big colorful opinions, jaja), thanks guys, you are my main motivation Wink.

I´m still working hard on the internal reorganization while I finish some enemies and it´s new animations.
The pain effect is mainly finished (at least for now), and some basic enemies are totally finished for now too (I got their basic behaviour, but not all the animations and conditions), so, I will be uploading some new content to show u soon Smiley.

Looks awesome! Reminds me somewhat of "Slayin", which is a great deal of praise in my book!

You got me! Apart from other influences as Sergio Leone or my always inspirational Quentin Tarantino, "Slayin" have been the main reason of this game. The concept is similar, but this one is faster (I hope), with more action and more control options. I think it´s getting it´s own personality but yes, Slayin´s been one of the main influences.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »

You got me! Apart from other influences as Sergio Leone or my always inspirational Quentin Tarantino, "Slayin" have been the main reason of this game. The concept is similar, but this one is faster (I hope), with more action and more control options. I think it´s getting it´s own personality but yes, Slayin´s been one of the main influences.

It seems it will be the game of the release year Well, hello there!

dx0ne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »

I've recently seen tv ad for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with it's trademark tune

and instantly thought about your game. So stop tweaking and refactoring and bring it Hand Any Key ... i just want to be Clint Eastwood already

https://itch.io/dx0ne<br />faking gamedev success since 2083
antoniodamala
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »

jeez that looks awesome.
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »

Yes! Time to a little update on the first topic post!
Thanks for all your words guys :D!

Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »

for what platforms are you developing this?

looks interesting.
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

for what platforms are you developing this?

looks interesting.

It´s made in html5, so, basically, I can adapt it to any actual platform (allthough I don´t have any plan to release on mobile platformer because I would lose that cinemascopelike format, and it´s very important for me).
Anyway, the main (and unique, at least for no) platform is pc (and Mac). The idea is to release the pre-alpha demo in a browser format, and the final release in a executable format.
But as I´m saying, I´ll see when that gets nearer.

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »

Ey there, some new content waiting for you all on the first topic page. Go for it!

devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »

I thought you were on holidays but.. I WANT MORE  Cry
Delicious
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 03:48:57 AM »

This looks great. Haven't really read the comments so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but readability looks like it'll be an issue. I have a hard time seeing the objectives and such looking at the .gifs

Blah Blah Blah <3
Twitter - Zjdelicious
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic