Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:58:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAny good indie games for my friend's birthday present?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any good indie games for my friend's birthday present?  (Read 2653 times)
Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »

What's a fun game that's fairly new? It's my friends birthday today. He likes games like Realm of the Mad God, Minecraft, and Battle for Wesnoth (I realize those are all very different games, but they're all kind of low-res indie style, which is what I'm looking for.) I need to get him a present quick.

I don't usually play games, I like creating games better, so I'm kind of out of the loop on the coolest games.

I asked this on a couple irc channels and got recommended hotline miami. So I'm going to buy him that, but it's only $10, so I'd like to get him one or two other games as well. Thanks!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »

looking through my steam collection, here's a few recent ones i enjoyed: cave story+, amnesia, awesomenauts, the binding of isaac, frozen synapes, legend of grimrock, offspring fling, resonance,

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »

wizord and mcpixel are pretty cool games that came out kinda recently.

cthulhu saves the world is on sale for 99 cents and that's an incredible deal for such a good game. it's a bit older though.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:32:47 AM »

http://www.desura.com/games/conquest-of-elysium-3

It's on 70% sale now. Just bought it recently, and having a lot of fun on it. It's really good for quick hotseat play too.

If he likes Wesnoth, it should be at just the right difficulty for him. Does he play Dominions? Dominions was built off as a wargame/simulation alternative to Conquest of Elysium 2, so people who like one often enjoy the other.
Johnsmith
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

Here is a list of top 5 indie games that i have sorted out for you.These are the best one's from the whole list.Hope your friend likes these games.
1 Super Time Force
2 Offspring Fling
3 Cannon Brawl
4 The Bridge
5 Anti Chamber

Presidential Debates
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »

Undecided
Pages: [1]