Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:18:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for a good pixel artist to design me a logo!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a good pixel artist to design me a logo!  (Read 1006 times)
eskapade
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and I thought this would be the perfect place to find some help. I produce electronic music in my free time and absolutely would love some pixel art to serve as a logo for my alias. You can listen to a few of my tunes here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/eskapade (electro house)

and here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/thesketchboard (my new alias where I'll be producing chip/game tunes)

What I am looking for is a design with the name 'Eskapade' to be used on my facebook page and YouTube videos. I have a passion for video games and would love something with an adventurous theme, maybe with the 'Fez' art style? Even a character design in the logo would be great =p It may be much to ask for being new to the forums and all but I figure there are some passionate people out there looking to expand there portfolio and hey, maybe I could even trade my expertise and write you some music in return! I'd love to hear from you guys! Thanks  Grin

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »

Pro Tip 1: You should be asking a logo designer to design a logo in a pixel style, not a pixel artist to design a logo. It's like asking a sculptor to paint your portrait – they may seem related, but they require very different knowledge and techniques.

Pro Tip 2: If you expect to be doing paying business under this logo, you should be willing to pay for it. A logo is a business tool, a communication point for your audience and customers, telling them and the wider world what to expect. Kind of important, no?

To any aspiring designers reading this – "I figure there are some passionate people out there looking to expand there portfolio and hey, maybe I could even trade my expertise and write you some music in return!" – get used to hearing people wanting you to work for free, with "experience" as compensation.

No offense intended, but seeing my field of profession undervalued is a pet peeve.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »

also, this should go in the unpaid job postings forum, not the Business parent forum

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:00:09 AM »

What exactly are you looking for. I might want to do something cool for you. Any examples or crude sketches might do.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic