Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:14:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsSports Competition: Rules
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Sports Competition: Rules  (Read 44582 times)
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 06:05:46 AM »

Actually, if there's one thing that I could do if I wanted to (completely winging it here), I could have attempted a SNES game... heh.  Wink

Well, SNES games are pretty easy to run under win32. No one said it had to run natively, just that it has to run.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 06:48:02 AM »

you actually win street cred for working on a homebrew

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
fascinator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »

Can I still join in even though it's past the 1st?
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »

fascinator, nearly all rule questions are already answered in the thread:

guys, just make a fucking game

Also: Welcome to the forums!

(I guess that's a problem with having rules: People want to know if they abide all of them.)

fascinator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »

yea read through, must have missed it. thanks.
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »

Gawd.  Sports..  sigh.

I hope someone bends the rules until it hurts.  Something like a game based on indie game contests.  One must pick up bits of code whilst avoiding work, school and family members.  Towards the end things like not submitting the correct game entry template will set you back to square one :p

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
Gallefray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

this is my first TigSource game jam... I've done three ludum dare's but no TigSource ones...

Until Now...

I'm choosing RoboSumo:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot-sumo

The hard part for me is going to be getting the AI to be passive/aggressive in pushing the player, and getting a balance on the AI between too easy/too hard

Wish me luck! Beer! 
Jolly good luck to the rest of you! Gentleman
Tally Ho!
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »

My Word! No fair Gallefray probably has access to a Tardis and multiple genius level Time Lords. How are us mere mortals supposed to keep up with that?

I mean welcome to TIG Source Compo Gallefray, good luck with your entry. Gentleman

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Gallefray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:21 AM »

My Word! No fair Gallefray probably has access to a Tardis and multiple genius level Time Lords. How are us mere mortals supposed to keep up with that?

I mean welcome to TIG Source Compo Gallefray, good luck with your entry. Gentleman
thank you Smiley
haha, I just have a lot of spare time and a love for making ghams! Tired --> Coffee

Oh, and Jolly good luck to you too!  Gentleman
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »

I could probably read through all 5 pages here, but are we allowed to use pre-made music in our game (assuming we have the rights to do so), or must it be made within the timeframe of the compo? I'm guessing the answer is "relax, dude."

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »

Like in royalty free music?
that's a good question, the topic of premade assets has never been raised.
these compo tend to gravitate toward handcrafted stuff so maybe you can play a little tune on a casio keyboard or sthg? Or collaborate with a musician?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »

It's perfectly okay to reuse old code and pre-built engines and/or frameworks. It's only the game itself that needs to be done in the compo's timeframe.

If it's okay to use old/pre-built code, I don't think using old/pre-built assets is forbidden. The second sentence also suggests that.

(Although you could probably learn a lot by producing it yourself or benefit from collaborating as moi suggests.)

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »

End Date: Saturday, December 1st, Midnight

May I ask which timezone is used for this Compo?

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

Sorry to be that guy, but when you say "Saturday, December 1st, Midnight", do you mean "One minute past 11:59 on Friday night" or "1 nano-second before it's technically December 2nd"?

The paranoid side of me thinks the former, and I've been planning for that. An extra day would be amazing.

Also, similar to what mks said, what timezone?

I am also thinking the answer to both of these is "meh, saturday in your time zone, wherever that happens to be...Smiley

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »

Sorry to be that guy, but when you say "Saturday, December 1st, Midnight", do you mean "One minute past 11:59 on Friday night" or "1 nano-second before it's technically December 2nd"?

I wondered this myself.. I assume it means the first minute of December first. Hopefully I'm wrong though because I know another day would help everyone with their last minute stuff.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »

Damn, I seriously thought december 1st was sunday for some reason, and that the deadline would be "anywhere that day". So I've just went from 2 days to finish my game to 2 hours  Crazy  Epileptic

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »

I was wondering about the actual due date. In the past I remember submissions were taken up to a week after the official contest end time. I plan on being done on the Midnight between Dec 1st and Dec 2nd PST. But I don't have any real authority here. All we can do is shoot puppy dog faces at Derek  Beg .

Edit: that is December 1st, 11:59pm Pacific standard time right?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:10:19 PM by Wilson Saunders » Logged

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

I'm sorry, I should have put December 1st, 11:59pm. The idea was to finish on Saturday evening.

Shrug

EDIT: Also, don't worry about finishing on the dot. Just don't wake up on Sunday and resubmit. Wink
robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »

I'm sorry, I should have put December 1st, 11:59pm. The idea was to finish on Saturday evening.

Shrug

Oh my god I love you so much.

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »

Shrug

EDIT: Also, don't worry about finishing on the dot. Just don't wake up on Sunday and resubmit. Wink

Welp....I guess I'll keep an eye out for bugs on the forums tomorrow then HAHA Tired

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic