Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:22:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsAre Sports Art?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Are Sports Art?  (Read 2735 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »

Not sure how much time I'll have for this, since I'm working on 3 projects already.  Also, not sure what the game will be yet, aside from the title.  Maybe a football game where you can talk to the monsters opposing team.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »

oh good lord a football dating sim would be AMAZING
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

oh good lord a football dating sim would be AMAZING
Interestingly enough, Japan doesn't seem to have done this yet. Tennis clubs are a relatively common subject, and so are swimming, archery, baseball and kendo, but soccer seems limited to only a couple of characters (most notably Asuka Sakino from KimiKiss). I can't even find it for otome games (female protagonist, male love interests).

(American Football is of course utterly absent from anything Japanese that isn't named Eyeshield 21.)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

I mean something like Persona 4

Where you have to woo teammates to boost your social rank and fight better as a TEAM
NightPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »

Not sure if it qualifies as a "Football dating sim", but have you heard of this one before? The "Tecmo Cup Soccer" game for the Famicom and NES. It's a cinematic football game. I used to play it a lot with my cousin when I was a kid and I gotta tell you, it's the only football game I've actually enjoyed playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecmo_Cup_Soccer_Game
Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »

haha! the Nes version is ugly! Why didn't they keep Captain Tsubasa? Isn't that serie famous in the USA ? It is in France.

I'm trying to make a narrative soccer game myself...we'll see what it's gonna be...for the moment it's just weird. Good luck!

NightPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »

Don't know about USA, but it sure was hard to obtain in Bulgaria (where I grew up as a kid). I remember playing the Famicom version, as these blond people are quite unfamiliar to me :D Can't remember if it was in Japanese tho... It might have been some bootleg translation, but I was too small to understand anything anyway.
MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »

I remember playing Captain Tsubasa 2 on my chinese famicom clone (dendy). It was in korean or chinese and I couldn't understand a thing, though the game was so awesome it didn't stop me.

I would certainly love to play something like this now, with understandable and interesting story.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic