Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:25:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral(i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: (i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?  (Read 16111 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

For the love of everything that is true, please let the sun fall so that this fool's blabbering mouth may be silent forever.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »

I merely said I suspect you, Brother Crate. I never accused you of anything.

Your logic is still flawed, though... you don't need a reason or a point to saying anything.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »

fraxcell, Tanner, John Sandoval, Blademasterbobo
speak the truth
it will not wait for you

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »

I find it pretty amusing to see inanimate, who is known to be a liar, speak of suspecting anyone. I find it suspicious to see Ashkin taking the side of a known liar so quickly.

Following my death, the first living town member's name to be spoken aloud in a sentence which also contains the word "test" will be a loyal speaker of the truth, assuming any such town members remain.

If you use "following my death," you can somewhat safely give our townsfolk additional abilities in the unfortunate event that you perish. Another conditional truth that may help us: "The first half of the remaining populace to speak will be loyal speakers of the truth," although you might want to be careful. If it is impossible for that to be true (eg there are more liars than loyalists remaining) you might die immediately? "X will have been my murderer" could be helpful, should you be afraid for your life. You could also use "if I am murdered before this date," if you wish to test different people during different times.

There are probably many other safe tricks we can use to protect ourselves while hunting down the disloyal members of our town down. We should use the truth intelligently, in order to hunt down those who would abuse our trust.

Also, it would be interesting to see what would happen to a town member crazy enough to attempt using a paradox as their truth.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ink.inc
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »

I'm a crack shot.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »

Bobo, I do not lie... I wish my bold truth was enough to confirm this, but alas, you are correct that it seems some can slip by the detection.

And Ashkin's duty is to absolve people of their sin, is it not? I only asked him the favor of redeeming my soul of its sin, and that's all he has given me.

If my brothers still do not believe me, I will reveal as much as you wish... regardless of the pain and shame I will feel doing so.
Ashkin
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »

My ability to forgive allows me to turn those against us to our side. There is no loss in this; only gain. However, if Inanimate is lying and is unrepentant, he will most likely kill me during this night. Bobo, your idea of using truths in such a way is interesting, though perhaps too much for my feeble mind to construct logic traps of its own. I will, however, experiment with it come morning.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »

If he really is cured come tomorrow, I'll expect his next truth / statement to be "I am a loyal speaker of the truth." Otherwise, you're both liars, and Ashkin can probably lie without consequence.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »

Immutable Truths Uttered:

crowe: I have not proclaimed my innocence
   Ashkin: Tonight, I will pray to the gods of truth in the hope that they will forgive [Inanimate].
   Lauchsuppe: I don't really have the guts to accuse anyone of being guilty right now.
   mokesmoe: We can't trust anyone but ourselves.
   Inanimate: I am not innocent, but I have never lied.
   Nitro Crate: EITHER ALL THAT SHARE AN 'O' IN THEIR NAME ARE INNOCENT OR CROWE IS NOT INNOCENT
   Blademasterbobo: Following my death, the first living town member's name to be spoken aloud in a sentence which also contains the word "test" will be a loyal speaker of the truth, assuming any such town members remain.
   John Sandoval: I'm a crack shot.

The Third Odd Night Comes & Goes

Tonight was curiously silent.

Two human faces were lost to ash this night, from silence or hermitage. fraxcell and Tanner never showed up and each Speaker's bed contained a human mass of ash.

Tanner is dead by silence.
fraxcell is dead by silence.
Glyph is dead by physical assault.

Do not speak to the dead, or be forever shunned for practicing necromancy.

Ashkin
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »

I have bad news for all of us today. Inanimate could not be cleansed, because his admittance of lying was non-specific: he technically hasn't done anything wrong, and I feel in my heart that this is true. However, this could mean a number of things: Since someone has to lie in order for me to forgive them, can they lie in any way? Does it have to be in bold? Perhaps they can all lie in bold, or perhaps it simply means to lie in the plain utterance of everyday speak. Until Inanimate does something wrong, I am not able to turn him to the side of purity.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »

Maybe he just has to say what he did wrong

Ashkin
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

Inanimate stated that he never lied. As I said, my heart told me this was true. Either he has killed someone, or he has done no wrong.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »

...It is the former.

I killed a man, but I regret it wholeheartedly, and I will never do it again. I am not an innocent.

In my rage, I committed a crime of passion I will forever regret. I know that redemption might be beyond my grasp, and that I do not deserve to walk among my fellow speakers of truth... but I still pray that you can accept me back into your ranks.

Brothers, I promise you... I wish only for redemption, for acceptance. But if you cannot accept me again, and that is truly your wish, then so let it be. I will accept death, as long as it is by the hands of my comrades, and not by a traitor.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »

My..my gambit worked?!

I mean..yes, my gambit worked.

John, Bobo, mokesmoe, my fellow brothers.
I knew you were all honest!

And Bobo, wise thinking! I commend your intellectual prowess!

A pause.

...Ashkin I revoke my previous statement...my bloodthirst got the best of me. I apologize.

However, I feel it is still not confirmed by truth, at least in my mind, that you are innocent. Though I do strongly believe you are innocent.

Ashkin,
Crowe,
Lauchsuppe,
Inanimate,

I am wary of you four...Let me be straightforward, I plan to kill at least one of you.

But, Inanimate, killing? That's a forgivable sin in my eyes. So long as you do not destroy the truth you are innocent to me.
Ashkin
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »

So... If Inanimate killed once and there is only one corpse among us, what are we to make of Nitro's claims that he was the one who killed Glyph? Mysterious indeed. One of you two is a liar.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 03:00:41 AM »

I took Inanimate's statement to mean he killed someone long ago, before this whole thing started.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »

Nitro, your games are becoming tiresome. You have called me out many times now. If you wish to present some evidence against me you are very much free to do so; otherwise, understand that you are merely aggravating a situation which you have no control over apart from blind murdering and killing.

In truth, brothers, I have something to reveal as well. There is someone sending out tokens with the ability to recruit others into the lying side. I know this because I have received one -- I did not use it, but I can indeed reveal its existence and effects. So do not trust others so easily, for they can at any time become an enemy of the people seeking to destroy the light of truth. All it takes is a seed of doubt, and a little lie, and they will become heathens to the cause.

I have never lied -- indeed, I swore not to. This is the truth, and you must all believe... or be destroyed.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »

Mokesmoe is correct. I killed many years ago, when I was a foolish youth.

Tokens? Are they one-use, or can they be used many times? And do you know who gave it to you? Can you think of any way to trace it back?
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »

I don't know whether you can reuse them to join the enemy, but I do know that they will win everyone alive is a Liar and holds a token, so for that reason I believe they must have a way of getting more. I do not know who sent it to me... but I have an idea on the subject, which I will share with you all presently.
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

Lucky us, who are innocent and loyal speakers of truth. Anyway, this makes things rather complicated. I start to mistrust anyone but myself. I wonder, whether our statements regarding our loyalty and innocence were worth anything, if people aren't neccesarily liars from the start.
Inanimate, is there a way for you to prove that you will never harm an innocent speaker of truth in the future?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic