Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:36:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral(i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: (i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?  (Read 16004 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »

Honestly, I have to wonder whether the punishment for falsehood lies upon our adversaries as well. Truthfully, if they plot against us they must have some way of succeeding or they would never dare to go against society in any organized fashion -- is there some way to know for sure?

(what happens with sigvatr banned? that seems... problematic)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »

Shrug

(no more purported gunsmith. he goes to bed and does not wake up the following day. but he's not dead.)
(just in case.)

Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »

There are some truly suspicious statements coming from our lines. I'm an innocent and loyal speaker of truth myself - may the corrupt of us get eaten by the odd night. I am convinced there are some among us who are indeed less innocent than others.
Oh dear gods, may those sinners be punished before true evil is revealed. May crowe's box contain sigfarters heritage: the weaponry we need to succeed in this upcoming battle.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »

Well, I don't see many other uses for my truth at the moment, and the day is coming to a close, so I will declare that I am innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
Ashkin
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »

I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth. Though this is the only way to assure all of you that I am, I fear I may be killed overnight by those among us who lie.
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »

I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth. Though this is the only way to assure all of you that I am, I fear I may be killed overnight by those among us who lie.

hehehe...
Ashkin
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »

Your amusement is suspicious. I think it would be best if you announced your innocence now, speaking truthfully, lest you be placed under suspicion.
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »

First of all, I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.

I am worried by the statements of Glyph and Inanimate, as they both speak in the past tense.

ink.inc
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

I am an innocent & loyal Speaker of Truth.
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

I am an innocent & loyal Speaker of Truth. In these harsh times, I prefer to keep my identity a secret. Who knows what the evil ones among us are capable of.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »

fraxcell: I guess I could have said that "I am an innocent & loyal speaker of the truth", as was told to me by the mysterious dweomer of enigmatic truth known only as Droqen, but I just felt like rewording it. Besides, I felt like it was succinct. It's not like my statement, when parsed, holds any different meaning than the usual one. If you really want proof, however, I can say as such in an emboldened truth tomorrow.
Anyway, we should really start figuring out ways to use our bold statements to get an advantage over the lie-spreaders amongst us. The statements definitely have some potential yet to be recognized. This power we have all been imbued -- the power to speak absolute truths -- is something we have to harness (I'm trying to think of ways it could be used, but have yet to come up with a good one).
As for the inevitable whittling down of our numbers, I'm going to assume that both the truth-sayers and lie-spitters amongst us hold some lynching power in their ranks. I guess we'll figure out more about that on this very night, so there's nothing to do but hold our collective breath.

Ashkin
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »

I am still not convinced, Lauchsuppe. Somehow, your voice still does not... ring true. However, your truth earlier was obvious yet empty- so perhaps you were using it to draw attention away from what may, in fact, be a lie? Your conviction that some of us are Liars is equally suspicious.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

It seems as though Lauchsuppe tried to avoid saying he is a speaker of the truth. His "truth" says nothing we do not already know.

I am an innocent and loyal speaker of the truth.

10 simple words.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 02:45:52 AM »

Come to think of it, Ashkin, I don't see any reason for mistrust so far at all. My statement, however, shall separate the good from the evil ones as soon as the sun will herald a new day.
If you are truly convinced there's something errant in the making, we all should do something about it before it's too late instead of wasting our holy powers to portray ourselves. We are all speakers of truth, are we not? Anyway, we will see by the sunrise. Please tell my beloved wife if I should not awake: I have always loved her - I shall wait at the gates of heaven, as I have lead an innocent and pure life.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

Why would you not awake, when your truth was phrased such that it means nothing and could not possibly be a lie?

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »

because I'm tired
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »

A bell tolls, and a great voice echoes:

"There are seven hours until the next odd night's arrival."

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »

I believe Tanner is the only one not to make a statement of truth so far. Where is he anyway? I haven't seen him in the temple for a while.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

I am here, and I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth. I was just asleep.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »

Without fanfare, the first odd night passes.

None slept well this night, and a wave of unease rolled through the Speakers of Truth. A singular furious growling and howling echoed from afar, from nearby, from just next door; nobody can really agree.

The next morning, all twelve eleven awoke to find sigfarter's home undisturbed but for the note on his locked door proclaiming his leave of rest. He had locked himself away from reality in order to spend his days in meditation.

Immutable Truths spoken just previous to the First odd night:

Nitro Crate: I AM AN INNOCENT & LOYAL SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH.
   sigfarter: I am a gunsmith.
   Glyph: I have always spoken the truth.
   Inanimate: I vow that I have never lied.
   crowe: I own a box.
   Lauchsuppe: I am convinced there are some among us who are indeed less innocent than others.
   mokesmoe: I am innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
   Ashkin: I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
   fraxcell: I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
   John Sandoval: I am an innocent & loyal Speaker of Truth.
   Blademasterbobo: I am an innocent and loyal speaker of the truth.
   Tanner: I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic