Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:04:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsTee Minus Ten [Procedural Multiplayer Golf]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tee Minus Ten [Procedural Multiplayer Golf]  (Read 6732 times)
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »

Came up with a name in the shower this morning, Not sure how happy I am with it but it'll do for now
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 05:34:18 PM »

Big Update Today
  • Tweaked metaball system constants and individual ball radii
  • Added teeboxes
  • Got vector tracing working

Looking a little better

Obviously this is substantial progress from the last picture. There are three more steps to complete provided I have the time: bunkers, water and filling in the excess space with trees. This image above shows an example of it generating a hole for each par (the par 5 is shrunken down to fit in the window). The output is vector shapes so zooming will be a possibility. I think I am gonna keep the navy colour scheme with the HUD having orange and white.

One more thing, I have gotten sick recently so my time that can be devoted to this have decreased. I'm still gonna work hard to get something playable for December, depending on how far I get and what my momentum is like I may continue this project after the competition.

At some point I will also be posting a step-by-step breakdown of the procedural holes. Maybe post-mortem.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »

That idea for rules sounds great - I really wish more games had that. Usually, the replayability I get out of a multiplayer game stems directly from the wealth of options, that is, if the game itself is enjoyable enough (Brawl is one example). This looks to be interesting, so I'm rooting for you!
Make sure that holes have all sorts of crazy stuff. Black holes, ridiculous geography, what-have-you. That definitely adds replayability!
Of course, start off small...
Best of luck to you!

MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

This looks awesome!

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

Thanks guys I've been working on the menu structure today trying to make it easily extensible and trying to get the whole structure of the game up and running. I also found out that the font I chose has awkward special characters and numbers so back to the drawing board for that.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »

So somewhat unfortunate news, you may have guessed but I am way behind schedule. This is due to mainly a couple things. First, I have a strange stomach flu where I feel nauseous all of the time and I have been trying to sleep way more so my time is limited. Second my computer has been running terrible slow and crashing very often which makes development very hard (current scoping out black friday deals to build a new one). I still have plans for this game but multiplayer by december first is out of the question, the best I may be able to get done is a basic singleplayer and that will be lucky at best. Other things in my daily life have gotten in the way but hopefully in the coming months (especially around christmas time I'll be able to devote more time to this project.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic