Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:51:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGunbox
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Gunbox  (Read 24509 times)
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »

You are more than welcome to use it.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

Green's art = So Awesome.

Bring on that edit Tongue
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »

poe
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »

Kiss
I have a physics test to study for so I won't be doing anything today, but expect some stuff over the weekend. I'm trying to get a build for you guys to test out ASAP
poe
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »

Got a 95 on the test  Cool

Progress Update
I'm sick again so bleh, anyways I polished up some stuff, added particles for when you move and jump.
Fixed particles for the enemies to be better (Though they still need to take into account the speed of the object that kills them)
Tilesheets are now able to support a lot more tiles from a small tweak.
Added in Green's art and it looks awesome.

I want to get a demo out soon, though it will probably be buggy I guess that's the point. Hopefully this weekend Rasse will animate the characters and I can release that demo. Anyways the to do list for it would be:

Animated characters
Add a button to pickup objects(so you don't have to move slower just because crap is in your way)
Give turrets health
Make stacked players look better
Document some of the server stuff

Currently controls are:
Z - Jump
X - Shoot
Left/Right - Move

I think I'll shift everything right one because I read somewhere french/german keyboards don't have a z in the bottom left corner.

So I want:
X - Jump
C - Shoot
V - Pickup/putdown
Left/Right - Move

I'll definitely have custom controls as well since I don't find that very comfortable at all.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »

Yaaaaay(well done on that test).

Looking forward to more updates - keep it coming :D
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 07:17:05 AM »

I'm not sure about that pickup button. I actually like autopickup in these kind of games. If you don't want something, just don't walk over it.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »

^ Oh, cool. Different characters for different levels? Or are those enemies? Either way, they're excellent.

What kind of 'pickup' button is it for? For crates and weapons? Or things that can get in your way?

poe
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »

I'm not sure about that pickup button. I actually like autopickup in these kind of games. If you don't want something, just don't walk over it.

Well sometimes it can be hard to avoid picking stuff up. I guess I'll leave it out of the demo and we can decide then. I love that art so much. I'll definitely be putting these in for character selections.

^ Oh, cool. Different characters for different levels? Or are those enemies? Either way, they're excellent.

What kind of 'pickup' button is it for? For crates and weapons? Or things that can get in your way?

It's to pickup things that can get in your way such as turrets and coins. (Since you want to position turrets precisely, and coins make you move slower and don't let you jump)
poe
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

Progress Update

I realized I haven't really showed off more than screens so here's a video of everything (including lotsa glitches that I have to fix)

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »

Progress Update

I realized I haven't really showed off more than screens so here's a video of everything (including lotsa glitches that I have to fix)

Robot is so awesome. Love that dash effect. Anyway keep up the good work  Hand Thumbs Up Right
poe
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

Robot is so awesome. Love that dash effect. Anyway keep up the good work  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Green is awesome. Thanks, obviously a lot of the stuff is placeholder art still. I will Smiley

A new map with the grassy tileset. Enemies only spawn in the two center ones, and fast enemies can only come from the far ones. Smiley
poe
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »

Progress Update

I have the graphics for the guns and everything is set up for implementation but I won't get to it tonight.  Demo soon  Wink?
DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »

I like how it's still different than super crate box. Have you had any luck testing with multiple players yet?

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »

Nice! It looks like it plays like Super Crate Box just enough to feel the same yet different at the same time!

I want to add characters other than the knight, such as the cube from Six Sided Sanctuary as playable. They will simply be aesthetic. Maybe references to other games if the creators let me Smiley

In case you still need more players for your roster, any of my characters are fair game for anything non-profit (seriously, I'd probably even make the graphics for you just to be referenced...). Yeah, I know you probably won't use any, but it was just a thought...
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »

Still in need of art? I can maybe squeeze in some things while working on other stuff.
poe
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »

Still in need of art? I can maybe squeeze in some things while working on other stuff.

Rasse has it handled, and I think I'm alright with the current roster Smiley.

Progress Update

Rasse did the animations and guns and they look fantastic! I still have to align the guns in the player's hands properly but it won't be long until a demo!

Animated characters
Add a button to pickup objects(so you don't have to move slower just because crap is in your way)Not going to be in this update if it ever happens
Give turrets health
Make stacked players look better
Document some of the server stuff

As for the readme, I'm thinking about hosting it on google docs. Not sure if that's a good or a terrible idea. Either way, it's completely done.

Here's a video that shows off the animations. Still tweaking to do of course.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »

I think the black dots falling from the player are a bit awkward, and the enemies spinning down after dying is a bit distracting. Otherwise, development's looking good. Are you sure you want the camera to show so much of the blank space in the level?

poe
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:50 PM »

I think the black dots falling from the player are a bit awkward, and the enemies spinning down after dying is a bit distracting. Otherwise, development's looking good. Are you sure you want the camera to show so much of the blank space in the level?

Yeah I think I should disable the black dots they really don't make sense. I'll have the enemies be optional, as I like them but I can see how it's distracting. The camera is eventually going to stop scrolling when it reaches the corners of the levels, I just have to implement that.
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »

I think I'm alright with the current roster Smiley.

Alright then, still anxiously awaiting more updates. Also, yes. The animations do look nice.

Oh and BTW, disabling camera scroll is actually really easy, at least it was for me. Just read through the level file before the stage starts, have it set a min and max scroll integer for each axis (maxX,maxY,minX,minY) to the x and y position of the lowest and highest X value respectively, and have an if() statement around the part of your code that scrolls to see whether or not its at the minimum or maximum limit. Or at least, that's how I did it...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic