Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:57:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsBlind Mans Buff - Tournament Edition [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blind Mans Buff - Tournament Edition [FINISHED]  (Read 3427 times)
Cowinatub
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:28 AM »

Good afternoon TIGSource users!
Due to the growing popularity of the bloodsport Blind Mans Buff, let us present to you the virtual version, Blind Mans Buff - Tournament Edition!

But what is Blind Mans Buff?
BMB is an amazing sport about blind people hitting gold thieves with sticks! The game takes place on a field of any size, and has two teams, the wolves and the foxes. Each team takes it in turns to play as either the thieves, who have to try and steal gold from the center of the field, or the defenders, who have to defend the gold using giant sticks. But there's a catch! The defenders are all blind, and must use nothing but their sense of sound to locate the direction of the incoming attackers.

Some of the main features of BMB-TE are as follows.
Physics based movement system, based on real life examples!
As soon as you start playing BMB you will notice an unnerving similarity to actually moving your legs in the physical world. In most top down perspective games the character can only move in 8 directions, but in BMB you can move in a phenomenal 360 directions! Thats more than 40 times the amount of directions in a normal game!

Play over the internet with real human beings!
In true spirit to the physical world, in BMB you can put your stick swinging skills to the test on other people just like yourself. In just a couple clicks you can be rocketing on your way to beating the hell out of REAL PEOPLE!

Pre-game lobby and chat for 'bonding' with your fellow batsmen!
Here at Blind Mans Buff HQ we believe in the socialization of human beings, which is why BMB is outfitted with the newest in chat room technology. In just a couple taps of your keyboard, you can be well on your way to writing a greeting, a question, or even a humiliating insult!

So where can you get this marvelous game you ask? Why didn't you just say so! All you need to do is press the button right below, and you'll be full on your way to participating in the first game of BMB-TE.

CURRENT VERSION 1.1
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?8xz0rd2v2drk0sh

Controls and such are in readme.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you find a bug, report it. Chances are its already been found, but you may as well just in case.

I will be running a public server at the address 120.148.245.197

Written in LOVE

Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:52:35 PM by Cowinatub » Logged
Cowinatub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 03:09:55 AM »

VERSION 1.0
First working if-very-buggy-release!
Bcuky
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:10:24 AM »

Cowinatub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »

Version 1.1

More than 4 players now possible.
Server correctly returns to the lobby after round, however you still have to rejoin between each one.
Name display fixed.

From this version onwards I will be running a public server, see original post for address.
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 05:13:28 AM »

I tried connecting to 120.148.245.197 and nothing happened. So I started a local server and connected to it but couldn't move. Also, server window size is too large for my screen (1366x768).

Cowinatub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »

I had to shut the server down over night. Also were you in spectators mode? you have to move to either fox or wolf team to actually play.
Server is up now btw.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:17 AM »

The download link 404s for me so I couldn't play Sad

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic