Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:17:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsThe Soccer CCG (Updated 11-8)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Soccer CCG (Updated 11-8)  (Read 3361 times)
Inzaniak
Level 0

Il Pazzo Pazzini!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »

Title: Football CCG (working title)
Type: European Football + Trading Card Game
Gameplay: I'd like to use the "Triple Triad" rules from final fantasy VIII, but trying to add something to make it feel more complex.
Card types: There will certainly be the Football Players cards, i'm not sure about implementing other cards.
Deck size: i think i will follow the classic Triple Triad rules. So you will have to choose the players before starting the match.

So how does this works:

Basic rules:
You start with 5 cards. The game is played on a 3x3 card grid, and the objective is to own more cards than your opponent at the end of the game.

Cards:
Each card has 4 rank numbers on it. These are the abilities of the player. The one on the top is the "Attack" ability, the one on the bottom is the "Defense ability, the one on the left is the "Tactical" ability and the one on the right is the "Physical" ability. These skills range from 1-10, and they can be increased or decreased with the coach and club powerups.

Claiming Cards:
When a card is placed adjacent to a card already in play, the ranks of the sides that touch are checked. if the placed cards has the higher value the card that was already in play is claimed.
Example:

The blue card is stronger on the right (5) than the left of the red card (1) so the blue one win the fight.

More details coming soon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:22:54 AM by Inzaniak » Logged

Inzaniak
Level 0

Il Pazzo Pazzini!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »

11/8/2012
Updated the first post with basic rules.
Working on advanced rules.
Thinking about layout.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »

I'm curious to see how you improve upon Triple Triad, which is already a pretty solid design.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic