Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 02:07:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsCloccer - time travel football
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cloccer - time travel football  (Read 7982 times)
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »

Cloccer is a time travelling football game. Every round you play as a single footballer, and as you progress all previous incarnations join in until you are playing as the full team.

You can play the most up to date version here LINK! or the competition version from the quoted text below

I started work on this on the 1st but I wasn't sure how it would play and wanted to avoid filling this thread with millions of bad ideas

the idea is Cloccer, a time travelling football game. Every round lasts 22.5 seconds (don't ask) and you take turns playing as each footballer, with all previous footballers doing the same as when you controlled them.

Previous versions will still kick the ball and cannot be pushed from their previous paths

I have yet to implement winning conditions, any sounds, any ai opponents (2 player only for now) or done any work on graphics. I'm not sure what order I'll do any of these things or even whether I'll do them, I've been just working on whatever feature suits my mood so far Smiley

WASD to move and E to kick for Blue
Arrow Keys and > to kick for Red

hitting kick will queue up a kick for the next time your player makes contact with the ball. standard contact is a little kick for dribbling

LINK!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:51:58 AM by capn.lee » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »

I'm curious to see how intense this will get.
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:50:35 PM »

i've made changes to improve the bouncing angles, not done yet but it's certainly improved over previously.

I've also started work on making it look prettier, but for now the ball is still a grey square
A few replay bugs have surfaced since the last update, but ignore those, it'll be fine

Same LINK! as before
Gorman
Level 0

hnnnggg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:51:52 AM »

Cool idea. I've always wanted to do something like this. Will check out the build tomorrow.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »

This will probably become more of a tactics game where you very carefully have to think of your next move. I can totally envision it, which is probably a good thing. Looking forward to see how it turns out!

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:57:26 AM »

i really wish you were right, the game is in arcadey-fun territory right now and I don't see how I can fix that without doing something drastic to (as the phrase goes) make it thinkier.

If I was to start again I would likely make it turn based on a tile board with a slider bar along the bottom to freely see how the game will play out without further interaction.

Still, I'm enjoying what I've got and have learned a lot in making it
Gorman
Level 0

hnnnggg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »

woah, that is intense. Probably a bit late now, but did you consider making it more grid based and turn based... So you can plot out your moves easierierly?

From the blurb i assumed each team would take turns placing a piece on the board with an action etc.

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »

yeah, if I was to make it again I'd probably do something a bit more like that
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 04:52:20 AM »

Interesting concept. It gets a little crazy once the whole team is on the field. I didn't find much use to kicking as it was much easier to control the ball by dribbling. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »

if i do update it, i'd really like to add that if you kick a ball into a teammate that the ball will appear directly in front of him to add passing to your past self. That seems like it would make kicking more useful and make thinking ahead with your movement a bit more profitable. Thanks for the feedback
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »

i've added passing to team mates. seems to have added a bit more strategy to the fray
Now i'm considering a pass button that just kicks the ball towards the nearest team mate, i may be able to make this thinky yet

basically if you kick the ball and it hits a team mate the ball appears in front of him so he can easily keep running with it
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:59:35 AM by capn.lee » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic