Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:39:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)need an mmf tutor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: need an mmf tutor  (Read 3209 times)
jamespond
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »

okay I'm working on this game in multimedia fusion and I keep running into problems I don't fully understand why they are occurring, anyways I need someone who has msn who I can just ask questions once in a while when I get stuck! thanks a ton,
[email protected] is my email please add if you'd be willing to help
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »

This might help.

http://www.create-games.com/forum.asp?id=11

Then again, it might not.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »

MMF tutor? Say, I need a MFF tutor. I'll provide the M.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
jamespond
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »

deadeye- my problem is really odd, so nothing on that page really helps with it
guesst- sweet I get a m! so does this mean you will help me out?
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »

Then you should maybe sign up and post a help thread there asking for help.  TDC forums generally suck balls but the Code It part at least is somewhat less sucky. 

Alternatively you could just ask here.  I dunno, every time I've ever given license to someone to contact me with every little question about whatever, they've turned into "my helpless little pet noob who bothers me constantly."  Not that I'm saying that's what will happen here, but it's probably better to just ask your question out in the open and if anyone knows the answer I'm sure they'll offer it up.

A third option is you could get better at researching the problem you're having.  If you're using MMF I can 99.9% guarantee that your problem isn't unique, and there is a solution posted somewhere, most likely on the help boards or articles on TDC.

guesst- sweet I get a m! so does this mean you will help me out?

You'll need an F.  Be sure to wear protection though, who knows where guesst has been.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Renton
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »

I would really like FFM tutors. I'll be providing the M.
Ages 18-25 preferred. PM me.

EDIT: If you still haven't figured out, we're talking about ménage à trois.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:28:18 PM by Renton » Logged
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

You might want to try the official Clickteam forums. Seems to have a more prompt and mature user base, although it's been about a year since I've been back to The Daily Click. (I remember TDC trolls chasing out the kind soul of Nifflas. Nifflas! Angry) Clickteam is also a much better resource for searching for premade examples and answers to more common questions.

Plus, if you haven't already, get used to grouping your events logically and commenting your code so you understand what you did if you come back to it at a later
time.

I've been using clickteam products since The Games Factory, and just finished a custom point-and-click adventure game in MMF2. Don't have MSN, but you can PM me if you want. Can't guarantee I'll have the time to answer a lot of questions, though.

Edit: And posting an email address in plaintext is inviting spammers to harvest your address. Just saying.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:24:28 PM by Noyb » Logged

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 08:44:17 PM »

Edit: And posting an email address in plaintext is inviting spammers to harvest your address. Just saying.

Yeah, no kidding.

MMF is a very limited system too, if you try to do anything too complex there are bound to be glitches and problems. As everybody else said try the clickteam forums, or you could PM me as well. I might not be able to give you an answer, but I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »

Mm, I'm fairly proficient with MMF, and wouldn't mind helping out from time to time.
My MSN info is in my profile if you still need help.
Gnarf
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »

Is the threesome joke still on cos then you could go all like well you don't need a Fifth for that and so on!
Renton
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »

Is the threesome joke still on cos then you could go all like well you don't need a Fifth for that and so on!
Win.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic