Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:55:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsFootbrawl Quest [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Footbrawl Quest [FINISHED]  (Read 62593 times)
immortius
Level 0

-=-

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

1) When a Necromancer summons a bunch of Skeletons and its their turn to move, their turn lasts forever and ever and ever which really slows things down. Maybe there could be a "fast forward" or "skip" button somewhere to speed things along.

Good idea, will consider that if we do an update.

2) What exactly is the criteria for being able to charge tackle? Right now, it seems kind of random, and I know it's not.

Just be in a straight line to an enemy, with no obstacles in the way (friendlies and downed enemies are fine), and at least 2 spaces between (so 3 squares away).
manu_nc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »

Nice game, I really enjoyed playing it, and for the moment totally got my vote at the Sports Compo.

Just a little comment: last time I played while facing the Necromancer at the zombies goal zone he summoned some skeletons, so I used an artifact that looks like a kind of spinal cord, I had used it before so I knew that it will cause a lot of damage in a large area, but when I cast the spell the game just remove the interface elements, and while I was able to move around the map I couldn't do no more.

Anyway, awesome game!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »

Great game, but it's really hard to win. All my guys generally die about one or two rooms in unless I can get some good items early on. The graphics and sound/music are superb. This has a good chance the compo, and I hope you continue to develop it in the future. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

handro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »

Awesome game.  Please tell me that you guys will continue development.  PVP would be pretty amazing in this game.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »

Congrats for winning!

failrate
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 02:35:35 AM »

Super fun.  I won on easy mode by using a bomb to blow a hole into the Necro room, and rushed my fast guy in to the end zone.  I'm glad I played this tonight instead of X-Com.
snoopyj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:03 AM »

Thank you eigenbom Gentleman
snoopyj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 04:57:29 AM »

Super fun.  I won on easy mode by using a bomb to blow a hole into the Necro room, and rushed my fast guy in to the end zone. 
A pro tactic Wink

I'm glad I played this tonight instead of X-Com.
High praise!  Tears of Joy
failrate
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 05:41:44 AM »

I did it again, but this time I had to...  because I had set the entire level on fire  Tears of Joy  Managed to get the necromancer and his entire army destroyed by fire.
Normal+ is probably my favorite so far.  Hard enjoys my pain.
PowRTocH
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »

Fantastic artwork. This is just a reminder for myself to play tomorrow, it looks fantastic.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

I don't have Java installed (bloody updater drives me nuts, also the past security risks)...

...how close is this to Blood Bowl (ie. the king of this genre)?

And how friendly is the user interface?

Depending on answers, and what I might find on Youtube on this game, I might install Java again. Might.

failrate
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »

It's similar to Blood Bowl in some ways, but I didn't find it nearly as punishing.  Every character can have a Blitz each turn, you don't fail the whole turn you fumble or fail a block, and you can't accidentally kill yourself trying to throw a block.
I don't know whether you can stack players to increase your odds of throwing a good block or defending.  Based on the rules as I understood them, it was more about positioning and spacing your knights.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic