Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:20:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeTIGSource Advent Calendar 2012
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Advent Calendar 2012  (Read 28541 times)
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »

FEATURING FIVE SONGS IN THE SOUNDTRACK!
PLAY MULTIPLE TIMES TO EXPERIENCE THEM ALL!

BEST SOUNDTRACK EVERR!!

5EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
Theophilus
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »

Cool game wade, loved the music. the graphics were nice too. that's a neat doodle style that I just can't pull off.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »

I made some arcadey game where you are a penguin that has to survive as long as possible while going down and endless pit.  Watch out there are yetis. My high-score is around 250.

I have no idea why I did this in mobile resolution

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »

Wow, that's a really nice game! I had lots of fun with it - yeti killed me though. I'll give it another try tomorrow. That should be done for the mobile  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Oh, 124 points  Smiley

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Santa's Catch(Windows Only)sorry Sad

Instructions

Survive for as long as you can, get bears(not the pedo-kind!), and collect candy-canes!
Don't forget to avoid coal - it's hazardous!
Press Space To Go Into Bullet Time
(More Detailed Instructions In Game)

I went way overdue with this game because of le finals - but nonetheless I finished what I started(this is actually the first game in Game Maker I have ever completed  Beer!) I didn't add any walls to the room that prevent the player from falling out so.... lolsorryaboutthat Tongue

My Best Stats

BIG THANKS TO MATT THORSON FOR HIS GRANDMA ENGINE <3
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:42:18 PM by Code_Assassin » Logged
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2012, 05:16:49 AM »

Nice game Code_Assassin Smiley I've managed to survive for 1 minute a 5 seconds. The only problem I had was distinguishing santa from the scene. Sometimes I've lost focus on it because it's so small among those christmas trees. Well done

Theophilus
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »

Pixelulsar: Sweet game, love the fact that you used the TIGS Advent header in your game.

Code_Assassin: Nice one. The game does get a bit hard to pick things out. Thanks for finishing + submitting instead of just blowing it off! I've posted yours with a date so that it falls after Claw's game but before Gagege's game, on the tenth.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2012, 04:41:29 AM »

Here's Dec 14 - http://www.gooeyblob.com/tigs/advent2012/tigsadvent.html

It's my first time using the html5 canvas so apologies if it's all messed up on some browsers. Also I couldn't figure out how to get sound working. I'll have a fiddle today and see if I can get some basic sound in. Anyway let me know what you think.

Description
Every year on the 14th of December Santa and his elves play snowball tag to get them in the mood for the Christmas rush. Using WASD, or arrow keys, Santa must avoid being 'tagged' by the elves, and using the mouse he must throw snowballs at them to 'tag' them and eliminate them from the game. Upon being 'tagged' some elves may aid Santa by dropping power-ups. A candy cane will give Santa more health, a purple/yellow present will give Santa extra speed, a green/red present will give Santa rapid fire, a blue/green present will give Santa robin redbreast fire which can hit multiple elves, and a carrot will summon the reindeer to tag elves. Be warned though the reindeer can also 'tag' Santa.

EDIT My first gotcha. Apparently if you use the scroll bar in IE it messes up the mouse coordinates. If you are using IE make sure you keep the game canvas at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:14:06 AM by Oddball » Logged

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2012, 05:48:02 AM »

Oddball, I had lots of fun -> 3680 points! I could get more if I wouldn't start playing reckless at the end.

The most epic thing is carrot! I picked 3 at once and I was like "Wooooohhh!! EPIC", great game man  Smiley

Theophilus
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »

Oddball ~ neat. I should have used a similar style/perspective for my game. Would have played much better. I like the powerups, and the reindeer stampede is really cool.
thatredant
Level 0

if(post.create){ thatredant.reply; }

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »

Do you guys think my date could be moved to the 19th? I've been busy with school and the like (only having, like, 2 hours to work on my game after school), and I REALLY want to do Ludum Dare, so my game probably won't be done in time for tomorrow.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

Working on a resource-gathering realtime roguelike!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:57 AM »

Given the above, I feel horrible about it but life has conspired against me and I just will not have time today.

Theophilus
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »

Darn. oh well. Just submit it when you're ready and I'll post it as the 15th, for both of you.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »

Bah, I wish I would have checked earlier, I could have made a game this morning!

hi
pgil
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

It's December 16th somewhere. Here's my game.

Tips:
-There's no way to win, and no way to save your score.
-I didn't have time to add Santa, so there's no Santa.

Happy xmas everybody!
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »

really polished game, love it Smiley

Theophilus
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »

Real fun game, pgil. The escalators are cool, I don't know why I like them so much. Love the art and the idea. Cool game.
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »

snip

Haha fun game. I kept bumping into customers on the elevators trying to jump over them so I would get to the store in time.
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »

Hey, sorry for posting my game too late - Ludum Dare took all my energy but here it is.

Get That Elf

So, what's going on here with all that gore???
Elf Gang have stolen the gifts and took them to their lair. As christmas is getting near you can't afford to let some children without their gifts. Get in there and show those nasty elfs that they should not mess with christmas!

CONTROLS:
move(left/right)
jump(up)

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

Great stuff, guys! The calendar is shaping up nicely!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic