Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:00:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPapers, Please [Available 8/8]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36
Print
Author Topic: Papers, Please [Available 8/8]  (Read 532262 times)
ClayB
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »

Stampage

Looks real satisfying. Liking all the new faces you did too. I like how they all look just slightly worn down by a totalitarian regime.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »

Stampage
Today was productive. Got the stamping system and in-booth flow working.

Pretty tired at the moment but I'm hoping to upload a build late tomorrow.

Kiss

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 06:14:39 AM »

got the new build up??

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

got the new build up??

Still tracking down some sneaky logic errors. It's past 4AM here so I'll postpone things until tomorrow.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »

Is there a risk factor or an endgame?
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2012, 03:58:22 AM »

Is there a risk factor or an endgame?

There'll be a story arc with several endings.

New Build!

Still early but the inspection procedure is largely in place. Instructions are on the page. Enjoy!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »

I can't see a denied stamp, and any way to know if I did right or wrong?
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »

I can't see a denied stamp

You have to highlight two pieces of mismatched information from inspect mode to enable the denial stamp.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2012, 04:16:02 AM »

I can still use it though, and how do I send someone without a pass and entry. Also any way to know if I did right or wrong? On top of that right before I saw documents of a guy I slammed it shut and it's stuck, can't get anyone new or something
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2012, 04:27:58 AM »

HIGLight rulebook rule and table top if a document is missing.

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 04:31:32 AM »

I can still use it though, and how do I send someone without a pass and entry. Also any way to know if I did right or wrong? On top of that right before I saw documents of a guy I slammed it shut and it's stuck, can't get anyone new or something

Just fixed the invisible stamp still working. Thanks for the info. As makerimages says, if they're missing all documents, highlight the counter and the rule and they'll walk out.

Reload the page if it's stuck for now. I'll look into a proper fix.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 04:41:44 AM »

Why do I have to click on the names in the passport and permit to highlight the disperancy if I can clearly see the difference in names and could stamp "Denied" right away?

I'm really enjoying it so far. Hand Clap

Some sounds would help, though.

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2012, 04:47:40 AM »

Why do I have to click on the names in the passport and permit to highlight the disperancy if I can clearly see the difference in names and could stamp "Denied" right away?

Just some artificial gating since there's no other reason to highlight yet. In the end, the denied stamp will always be available and highlighting errors will allow further actions like in one of the animated gifs I posted.

I agree it definitely needs some audio. I probably won't get to that until some of the other mechanics are worked out though.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 05:29:59 AM »

btw could you please switch all the dates to d/m/y or provide us the option to pick it, it really confused me at the first with "What the hell, are we in the future with 100 day calendar?!"
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »

Wow, this game is amazingly addictive! I've denied, like, 50 people and it felt so satisfying to spot discrepancies, given that some of them were not so obvious.

Three things, though:
- I haven't got anyone who would qualify to pass, is this on purpose? Currently if someone should be denied and I grant access, nothing happens and I know that I have to look better. Maybe such person should pass and the player should get some negative points with explanation what was wrong with the papers?
- wouldn't it be convenient if the documents got auto-denied if I find a discrepancy?
- what's the purpose of the leverage that closes the window?

Again, this game is so addictive in a quirky kind of way. This feeling of contentment while denying entrance is quite unsettling and I guess it says something about human nature.

BTW, I see you use Haxe, cool! :D Is this HaxeFlixel or your own code? And do you plan to put it up on different platforms also (iOS, Android)?

btw could you please switch all the dates to d/m/y or provide us the option to pick it, it really confused me at the first with "What the hell, are we in the future with 100 day calendar?!"

Heh, I didn't have this problem. Must be a matter of country date standards.

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »

Wow, this game is amazingly addictive! I've denied, like, 50 people and it felt so satisfying to spot discrepancies, given that some of them were not so obvious.

Thank you goshki, this is very encouraging to hear!

- I haven't got anyone who would qualify to pass, is this on purpose? Currently if someone should be denied and I grant access, nothing happens and I know that I have to look better. Maybe such person should pass and the player should get some negative points with explanation what was wrong with the papers?

Yeah there's only illegitimate travelers at the moment. This build is to nail down the procedural mechanics of inspecting documents. Later builds will have a mix and there will be consequences to letting the wrong people through. The plan is to break the game up into days and somehow report your stats after each day. Maybe there I could have some kind of recap system so you can see exactly what you did wrong.

- wouldn't it be convenient if the documents got auto-denied if I find a discrepancy?
- what's the purpose of the leverage that closes the window?

Stamping is the most fun for me Smiley. The gameplay is really about procedure and rigamarole so I wouldn't want to skip through elements like this. The shutters don't have any function yet. I talked about it a little upthread. It will come into play as a defensive mechanism.

This feeling of contentment while denying entrance is quite unsettling and I guess it says something about human nature.

Hehe. I also get serious satisfaction from denying people. I think the key is that they're trying to lie their way into MY country, GTFO Outraged. I'm going to try to make the applicants a little more sympathetic in the future so the feelings aren't as clear.

BTW, I see you use Haxe, cool! :D Is this HaxeFlixel or your own code? And do you plan to put it up on different platforms also (iOS, Android)?

Just basic Haxe/NME, no Flixel. This is my first Haxe project and I chose it so that I could target other platforms easily. The goal is to do native PC/Max/Linux versions first. The game is a little tight for phones but might work well on tablets.

Eventually I'll have it select the date format based on your locale.

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »

Ha! I've just found out that you also did 6 Degrees of Freedom. Oh man, I loved this game.  Beer!

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »

Ha! I've just found out that you also did 6 Degrees of Freedom. Oh man, I loved this game.  Beer!

Thank you but I hope you mean 6 Degrees of Sabotage  Grin

I also really enjoy your Pole Vaultage. Great visuals and control(s). I got the hang of it after a while and am able to clear the fence pretty regularly.

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »

Sorry, 6 Degrees of Sabotage, of course! Facepalm

Glad you like Pole Vaultage! although it's far from what I planned it to be (I hope to expand it someday). Beer!

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »

Really cool game, it was fun and addictive from what I played.  Using the huge stamp felt so cool, and I liked how you could stamp the passport as many times as you want just for fun.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic