Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:33:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSports"Football" (Voluntarily withdrawn - Realized it violated a rule!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Football" (Voluntarily withdrawn - Realized it violated a rule!)  (Read 2542 times)
Jesse111
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »

*NOTICE* (Edit)
I should have read the rules more carefully. I didn't know that entries from other currently running jams were disqualified, so I respectfully withdraw my submission. Feel free to take a peek at it anyway, though!

I made this for "Fuck This Jam"

Behold, "Football", in all its glory!

http://bmo.fuckthisjam.com/submissions/90-football
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:34:09 PM by Jesse111 » Logged
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »

If you want to hate me, that's ok. But you are against the rules because your game was made from another compo.

Rules: Entries should be started and ended within the time frame of the competition (feel free to put up your game threads and begin brainstorming earlier, though) and must be made for the competition only. Collaborations are allowed and, in fact, are welcomed. You may submit more than one game (up to a maximum of three).

Jesse111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »

Oops! Nope, I don't hate you, and I respect the rules, so I hereby voluntarily disqualify myself
(and I should have read the rules more carefully)!
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »

All things considered, I thought It was pretty funny.  Grin
The football falling over was a nice touch too

Think happy thoughts.
Jesse111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »

Thank you very much! I had less than an hour before the end of the jam and was debating about whether or not the football falling over was a crucial thing to add, and somehow managed to pull it off just in time. It's looking like it paid off!
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »

What a stupid rule, isn't participating in two or more jams something that requires even more creativity from the developers and should thus be supported?

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 02:44:27 AM »

yeah what is the reason behind not being able to submit to 2 jams?

Jesse111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:09 AM »

What a stupid rule, isn't participating in two or more jams something that requires even more creativity from the developers and should thus be supported?

In my case it was more of a coincidence (I found out about this jam after I was finished my game) so I wouldn't get any creativity points Smiley

But yeah, it might be neat to be able to enter something in two jams at once for "expert mode"

I can see why what I tried to do is discouraged, if only for the reason that I didn't participate in the community aspect of this jam (talking about progress, etc.) - the process is, in a lot of ways, more fun than the end result.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »

The goal of that rule was to discourage people from submitting games they were working on before the competition was announced, not to discourage people from submitting games they are submitting to other jams running at the same time.

To put it another way, if your intention is to make the game FOR THIS COMPETITION and FOR ANOTHER CONCURRENT COMPETITION/JAM, that should be fine. No need to withdraw.

I'll clarify the rule in the rules post.
Jesse111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »

Ah, thank you for the clarification!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic