Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:45:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkExile Online - Dystopian Cyberpunk MMO seeking new members
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Exile Online - Dystopian Cyberpunk MMO seeking new members  (Read 5090 times)
SweetBro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

I may be interested in working on this project, I can program/design/write/UI design. Though I haven't touched C# in forever, I doubt it would be difficult for met to pick it up again. My only concern are the design goals of the project. MMOs or specifically sandbox MMOs are notoriously difficult to design correctly since they're as much game theory as they are social engineering, I was wondering if you could clarify some of them and explain how you're planning to attain them.

"Player Controlled towns/bases/outposts-
There will be powerful systems in place for guilds and players to create, take and hold territory. If a player is given a plot of land to defend, you can be sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it."

For example, how would players actually contest for territory? Is it something an individual can do (Ultima Online)? Or does it have to be a group effort (EVE Online)? If the latter, Is it going to be limited by a mechanic (Need X players to capture) or by the game's meta (Needing to destroy a structure with high HP, thus requiring multiple players to do it within reasonable time)?

I recommend you look at Goblinwork's design blog for their MMO, its very detailed and straight-forward about their design goals, and how they're planning to accomplish them. https://goblinworks.com/blog/

Also, visual representation of your design may draw additional volunteers (Think "Infograph pitch")

By the way, you guys have a very pretty website.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

I may be interested in working on this project, I can program/design/write/UI design. Though I haven't touched C# in forever, I doubt it would be difficult for met to pick it up again. My only concern are the design goals of the project. MMOs or specifically sandbox MMOs are notoriously difficult to design correctly since they're as much game theory as they are social engineering, I was wondering if you could clarify some of them and explain how you're planning to attain them.

"Player Controlled towns/bases/outposts-
There will be powerful systems in place for guilds and players to create, take and hold territory. If a player is given a plot of land to defend, you can be sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it."

For example, how would players actually contest for territory? Is it something an individual can do (Ultima Online)? Or does it have to be a group effort (EVE Online)? If the latter, Is it going to be limited by a mechanic (Need X players to capture) or by the game's meta (Needing to destroy a structure with high HP, thus requiring multiple players to do it within reasonable time)?

I recommend you look at Goblinwork's design blog for their MMO, its very detailed and straight-forward about their design goals, and how they're planning to accomplish them. https://goblinworks.com/blog/

Also, visual representation of your design may draw additional volunteers (Think "Infograph pitch")

By the way, you guys have a very pretty website.

Thank you for your interest in the project Sweetbro. We would be very interested in taking on another coding engineer. While the scripting language has some similarities to C and C++ etc, it has its own version of syntax and hierarchies. If you have experience in other coding langauges you should have no problem in learning the language for Hero Engine.

Your question about player controlled territory is a good one. We feel that the bonuses attained by owning these areas should entail the need to have multiple people fight over them. Only clans will be able take and hold outposts as, depending on the size of the outpost, it will require multiple players with the hacking skill to change the ownership of the settlement to the attacking clan. You can read more about it on the website here

http://exile-online.com/clans/

We will send you an email containing further info on the project.

We prefer to use email communications to keep track of everything. We can talk further that way and i can answer any further questions you may have. If you join the team, we will of course give you all of the inside information that non developers dont see. We look forward to your reply.

prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »

Email sent to you Sweetbro. I look forward to your reply.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »

Here is a concept for the Cybernet hacking terminal. Made by Dark Animal Studio.

Here is a fully textured dumpster.

prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »

Concept drawing of a public cybernet terminal. By Dark Animal Studio.

prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »

Welcome to Andrew. He has joined the team as a programming engineer. Also welcoming Marco and Guissepe who have joined as 3d modellers.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »

A concept of the starting area for players. This will be the first scene that you will see in our game. Without releasing too many spoilers...lots of mystery and subterfuge surround the opening storyline plot of Exile Online. Hopefully this gives you a good inkling of what is to come.

By Dark Animal Studio.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »

We have just recruited 2 additional 3d modellers and a coding engineer to the team. We are still seeking 1 concept artist and 1 programmer to round the team off.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

Welcome to Claudio. Joining the team as a programming engineer.

We still have room for an additional programmer and a concept artist. If you are interested, feel free to contact us via PM, this thread, via email, our facebook page or our website.
prom2015
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

This concept shows the warehouse section of the starting zone. There will be multiple gantries/walkways, grav lifts and hovercranes populating the area. The security bots will defend the "test subjects" with zealous fury. Created by Dark Animal Studio.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic