Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:23:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignAdvanced Beauty (Professional Uses of Processing+Diverse Styles of Electronica)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advanced Beauty (Professional Uses of Processing+Diverse Styles of Electronica)  (Read 1975 times)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »

This is some of the best uses of Processing I've yet seen, but I am by no means an expert.

Description:
This inaugural entry to the Advanced Beauty series is about creating audio/visual sculptures that are akin to synaesthesia. There's a new one every Monday, so you shouldn't be surprise if it's down at the beginning of the week. If it is down, you could head over to Flight404's (Robert Hodgin's) blog and watch his "Weird Fishes" and "Solar" videos to get a taste of what his work is like.

Backstory:
I've been checking in to Flight404's blog off and on for a while, and after I found out about the trailer for the Advanced Beauty project I went over to the website and was happy to find their videos were available are available for viewing/downloading. Quicktime and VLC can both play them, but I'm sure there might be one or more niffty video players that can use *.m4v files.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:21:21 AM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »

I watched that Weird Fishes thing and my, is it ever beautiful. Actually I think I've seen stuff by this guy before, he's amazing. Now I dream of a rhythm game which has such graphics, in realtime.... well, maybe one day.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic