Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:20:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIzzy's Revenge
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Izzy's Revenge  (Read 9818 times)
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

We in greenlight, would you please vote us? Wink

Izzy's revenge consists on a 2D High definition platformer placed in a steampunk environment.

The city of StealBridge is ruled by four greedy guilds: The Airship guild, the Apothecary guild, the Liquors guild and  the Ironworks guild.

When they found in Izzy last invention (holographic technology) a new way of getting even more powerful. They dont doubt for a second and steal from her all their blueprints destroying her house and nearly killing her in the process.

After the attack, she takes the only thing they forgot to steal: an holographic multi-tool prototye and goes across all the city in a violent, crazy and full-of-rage andventure to take back what is hers.

----------------

... pre kickstarter stuff ...

(feb 7th 2015) Kickstarter launching. First impressions
(feb 7th 2015) Rethinking art style
(feb 10th 2015) More art reworking
(feb 15th 2015) Unity experiences
(feb 17th 2015) Parsing XML files
(feb 19th 2015) Kickstarter epic fail
(feb 24th 2015) Unity: 2D physics done, adding damage regions
(feb 28th 2015) Released source code

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:50:09 AM by Indie4Fun » Logged

Kickstarting Izzy's Revenge right now!!

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »

I like the artwork, seems kinda similar to The Iconoclasts by Joakim Sandberg, any inspiration there`?

Good luck to you!
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:39:40 AM »

Thanks for your reply!

Interesting the (great btw) game you mentioned. We didn't have any idea about their existence.

We obtained the idea of girl using a spanner from the steampunk world. Anyways, we will try to present our own version of the idea.

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »

I'm confident you will Smiley Looking forward to seeing how this develops!
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »

Hi! while the artists are reworking Izzy's animations and designing the first level (We'll showsome nice artwork next week Tongue), I've been working on a trigger system.

We want to add several features via buttons and invisible triggers like objects movement, lighting effects or monster spawning. I 'm working on some type of trigger that allows any combination of such events:

We have already implemented object animation via triggers:

As always, if you have any comment, it will be very appreciated! Tongue

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »

Hi! We have been working on several things the last two weeks:

1º new Izzy animations, like death animation:

Also, we added a fully configurable particle system:

Video:  

Box99
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »

The problem I have is that you're drawing a lot of detail onto a small sprite. It won't come out as clear and it'll just blend together during movement. If the sprite is the same size as the dying animation you have it shouldn't be a problem. The dying animation is also too fast to be realistic. It looks like an okay concept besides those issues.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

I like the dying animation, but it seems like it could use a slight pause after her knees hit the ground.
RyanHuggins
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »

Cool stuff! I'm liking the animations a lot; you have a pretty talented animator on your team! Never underestimate just how difficult it is to find a decent animator, I just managed to find one by chance at a game jam for my college!

Regardless, I agree with C.D Buckmaster. You should look into pausing the animation slightly at the knees. An easy way (I find) to do this without code (which could potentially be even easier) is to just add a few still frames of her kneeling there. Or maybe even add more frames for a, like, head bounce (where her hair moves a little) as she hits her knees on the floor.

Additionally, I like the sprites A LOT more at full-res. They get a little too blurry when you reduce them!

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 07:02:09 AM »

Hi all!

First of all, the artist is extremely happy/motivated with your comments!!

We totally agree about the speed and the pause when she is on her knees, that will be modified once we add the animation into de game.

About the detail, the game is intended to be fullHD (1920x1080), so what you see in the animation is the real size, of course it is possible to decrease the ingame resolution, at cost of loosing some details.

I will upload more gifs as soon as the animator finishes it.

See you and thanks a lot for your comments!

holliebuckets
Level 0

lover of all things nerdy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »

Oh! this looks like so much fun!! I love Izzy! Can I ask who is doing what parts in your game?? Can't wait to see more updates!!
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »

Sure!, ATM we are 4 people working on this project:

Néstor (me): I'm developing the game engine from scratch.

Mery:  She is in chagre of illustrating and animating Izzy and all the game character as well as enemies.
http://maramboli.deviantart.com/

Pablo: He is in charge of drawing all the levels and backgrunds.
http://curroide.deviantart.com/

Guillermo: He creates the maps, translate the pictures to the game format and exhaustively tests the game engine.

We promise a nice update next week!! ^o^

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »

Hi all!

Today I want to show you some of the first drawings for the first level: Izzy's House. At the end we decided to add some perspective into the game instead of doing a pure 2D side-view game:

Izzy's bedroom:

Living room:

We had to modify the game engine for allowing some perspective, but we believe that it's worth the effort.

Link to the full artile:

http://www.indie4fun.com/post/39200643151/backgrounds-izzys-house-pablo
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:37:05 AM by Indie4Fun » Logged

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »

Hi all! our level designer is starting to integrate the drawings inside the game engine. As our mapper software is not designed for perspective, our level designer is exploiting some tricks in order to get the things working right:

We added invisible blocking objects in order to block light and the characters positions as desired.

We also added a nice distortion effect for simulating hot air/water:

As we use java2D, we don't have any access to shader programming, so the effect is made with a very simple particle generator.

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »

Hi all! after trying several times, we managed to create a modular tileset. Thus, we can create any room size with fake perspective using the same tiles all the times.

Here you can see the latest release of our map builder. We added many new features, like undo/redo, copy level areas, add invisible colliding blocks or dragging level elements:

Finally, our animator is still polishing Izzy animation. We want to achieve at least 30 fps on all movements:

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:33 AM »

Some more artwork!!

Izzy using her favourite hi-tec prototype in the way she likes the most:

Some artwork of the city where Izzy lives:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:50:03 AM by Indie4Fun » Logged

Juan Raigada
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »

Cool, fellow Spanish developers!

I have to say I had some concerns about the character design at first (really don't like the "cleavage hole" in her costume. But it does look nicer in movement. And I love the scenery graphics.

What's the gameplay going to be like?

Since you set up an office, what are your plans for the game? PC download or are you targeting tablets?

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »

Hi Juan! thanks for your comments. We plan to do a platformer game mixing cuteness and violence.  The game is fully made in Java, so our target by now is windows-linux-mac.

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »

I gotta agree with the cleavage hole comment. It's weird. It's like a 14 year old boy's idea of what a girl should wear.

Is it really necessary? Is it like "hey guys... just so you know this is a girl, here is a hole to see her cleavage!"

Also on the screenshots, the hole is so small it comes off more like a shirt logo.

Maybe it's because to me the character isn't that "sexy"... so the cleavage hole thing looks like a weird attempt at making the character sexy. I think maybe it's also weird because she's so covered up otherwise. She has full coverage on her legs so the weird hole in her clothing is just weirder because of that. Maybe if you ditched the stockings and turned the outfit into a leotard? I dunno.

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »

Hello everyone! We've been talking about the cleavage issue and we've sketched a new design for the main character of our game. At first we started with some braces:

And then we added a t-shirt. You can see the comparison between the two designs here:

Thank you for your feedback! it's really valuable to us!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic