Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:06:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIzzy's Revenge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Izzy's Revenge  (Read 9812 times)
Juan Raigada
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

Much, much, much better...

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

100000x better

Gentleman

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 11:32:33 AM »

ok, we've asked other forums and the result has been the same: the new design rocks. So we'll working on reanimating Izzy in his new dress.

Thanks for your help! It's really great to have support from you guys, this helps a lot.

Kickstarting Izzy's Revenge right now!!

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »

WIP of Izzy's workshop, with some nice misterious machines.

Izzy running with the new outfit, still WIP:

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »

Cute designs!

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 02:35:38 AM »

Beyond Izzy’s house

Izzy lives in Steelbridge, a city divided by a river. The city began to gain importance following the building of a bridge which linked  its two parts, defining its present name and facilitating communication and trade.
    With the construction of the bridge a guild came,  dedicated to the iron works, which took control over production and distribution of steam techonogy based on machinery. Three other guilds are supported by this one: the airships guild, the pharmacy guild and the liquors one.
   Because of the greed of their leaders, the four guilds gathered a huge power and they own the control of the whole city.

The first guild we’re working on:
    Airships guild:

The airship guild has managed to create flying machines that allow to move people and goods to remote places. It controls all flying city’s traffic.

I hope you like this!

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

We've been working these days in several concept art illustrations. What do you think about this one? It's a poster starring Izzy and the four main bosses she has to beat. We want them to be different in their personalities and in their look.

Hope you like it! We plan to give some postcards with this same design at the London's Campus Party!

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »

Hey guys!

Izzy is already able to attack! we made a video with the new movements and you can see her walking accross Steelbridge streets (work in progress)

What do you think about it? Do you like the new designs for the city?  Smiley

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

I don't think that it's very clear on what environment elements you can stand and which are only in the background.

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »

I don't think that it's very clear on what environment elements you can stand and which are only in the background.

I agree. But the rest looks cool Smiley
ink.inc
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »

attack animations lack impact
William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 12:51:30 AM »

The airships and workshop art look really nice, definitely more in the steampunk style than the earlier images of Lizzy's bedroom (I personally think those are a little too colorful).

Anyway, good-looking poster! The bird-boss looks intriguing.

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 12:55:50 AM »

OMG, so many feedback! thank you so much!! we really appreciate it. After watching the same artwork hours after hours it is hard to see the flaws. A fresh view from outside is really valuable.

ANty and karlozalb. After your posts, we have discussing about that. We have to add something extra that makes that more clear. Maybe a slightly different colors o playing with the lights.

John. Thanks! attack animation is still not finished as it needs some extra particles for remarking the attack speed and (just in case) the collission of the wrench with an object.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 01:25:51 AM »

consider making background objects desaturated and foreground ones saturated, also a bit brighter. should solve the problem, but dunno if it'll look good.

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

We programmed for Izzy's revenge a very very basic physics functionality. Some elements like the main character, projectiles or enemies extends from a class named "Physicable". This class provide several characteristics like position, speed, acceleration, friction or air friction as well as some methods for detecting collisions.

Using these features, when Izzy gets harmed, we added some speed in the reverse direction as a knockback. You can see what happens with too high speeds:

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »

Here you are some advertising that we will place ingame. These ads are from the SteelBridge guilds that control the city.

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »

by the way, thanks a lot for your constructive comments!!!, we added more contrast to the level objects. Now it is more clear what environment elements you can stand:

Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »

OMG, near 8 months since our last post.

I've to say that many many things happened since them. Some of them good, some of them not so good. When I gather some time I want to explain it, but basically some parts of the game were boring and we made some heavy changes to the game desing in order to solve them.

Shortly after the last post we designed and added our first enemy: a basic member of the airship guild:

Crazy, slightly idot and armed with a batton, they patrol the airship guild district:

Killing them is easy, as he dies electrocuted after a few hits, but when groups of three or more come together, it becomes a really violent and fun challenge.

We created a quite simple AI base on the state object design pattern: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_pattern

The bird has a set of possible states: idle, seeking izzy, stunned, attacking, dead. Each state has two features: what actions should be made?,  what will be the next state? Both functions are evaluated on each cycle for each enemy. With a set of three or four states it is possible to obtain a nice and efficient AI.

Then, just tuning running/attacking speeds, attack damage and attack delays it is possible to adjust it to make it fun.

Finally, I've to say that we learnt that a simple AI that sometimes make stupid things is OK for most of the time, it even can make people laugh.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:18:25 AM by Indie4Fun » Logged

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »

The enemy looks really cool Smiley

Maybe some different clothes color will be perfect!
Indie4Fun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

Thanks for your appreciation! We have discussed ourselves about that a lot Tongue. At the end, we decided that, as he is the weakest enemy, it would be ok with non flashy colors.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic