Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:22:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Is Poser worth buying?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Is Poser worth buying?  (Read 7651 times)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »

Am I correct in assuming that poser is just a tool for posing and rendering pre-made or purchased models made by other people?

Am I missing something here? 'Fine artists'? This sounds completely artistically bankrupt, how could anybody consider this illustration?

Not to mention that pretty much everything I've seen made in poser looks really creepy.

Like I said before, there are some people who can make some amazing renders in Poser.  And even though they didn't create the actual content, you can tell it still took a lot of skill and talent to make those scenes.  If you use Poser right, you can't tell it's Poser.

Unfortunately, those people are few and far between, so yeah, most Poser stuff looks like crap on a biscuit.

It's the same with all similar kinds of tools, really.  Tools that are easy enough for noobs to mess with, but complicated enough so that you really have to work hard to get good at all suffer pretty much the same phenomenon.  Look at Flash, or Game Maker, or Bryce, or Photoshop, or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:07:26 PM by deadeye » Logged

tweet tweet @j_younger
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic