Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:18:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOxygen : a turnbased strategy game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Oxygen : a turnbased strategy game.  (Read 1472 times)
oleomingus
Level 1

Oleomingus

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »

this thread has been temporarily discontinued. ( I am not sure how to delete it  though ? )
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:22:37 AM by oleomingus » Logged

AmericanBarbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »

The link for the web player isn't working for me.  I have Unity installed and working on other games, but for your game I just see a Unity button asking me to install Unity Web Player.  This is on an up to date version of Chrome.
AmericanBarbarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

I tried it again and I am still having the same problem.  I don't think my firewall is blocking it.  How many environments did you test the link in?  If you post the game as a download I will definitely play and give some feedback. 
jaysonwcs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

The idea is really interesting!
It looks fun!

My impression is that the gameplay is very "locked". I mean, I must turn 3 times or move 3 times before the end of the turn. This is the main idea, so I can't complain about this, because it has more to do with my personal taste than with good or bad design. =)

However, I couldn't find the key to end the turn. I don't know if there's a key to do this or not, but I think this can be an important feature to make the game more "smooth".

The concept art is very beatiful! =)

I can't give more feedbacks because this isn't my type of game (turn based) and I'm new to game dev too.
But I hope I have helped!
=D
oleomingus
Level 1

Oleomingus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »

Hello, jaysonwcs

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the game.

There is a button to change turns : Space bar.
you can also press H to access all controls for the build.

The three move constrain was implemented to make the game harder to play, but in retrospect, maybe it does make the gameplay a little restrictive.

Thank you again your feed back does help.

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »

I totally don't get the controls Smiley Sometimes I can move some part of the screen (but only the top right part), sometimes I can can move, sometimes I can't (arrow keys not reacting).

How do I enable the "tasty looking" view? All I can see is the gray ugly top down map of the board without these tasty floating islands.

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:45:21 AM »

Hello there!

I DO like the current graphics and the atmosphere. I'm currently looking for scoring some indie games and I was wondering if you'd be interested in my collaboration for Oxygen? I think that might be right up my alley! Smiley

You can check out my Soundcloud, I'd suggest you to pay more attention to I'll Save Your Life But Not Your Soul and/or Wind of Eleusis which may be a bit more into the game's mood. https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete

Keep up the good work mate(s)!

Cheers

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »

Reminds me of geo-a-day!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic