Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:57:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNadia was here, retro RPG [Just released]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Nadia was here, retro RPG [Just released]  (Read 29802 times)
JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2013, 07:00:32 AM »

I have a screenshot of the first summon in action:

You get this summon (the spirit of the earth) after beating him.
This summon summons a swarm of wasps where the number of wasps is equal to the total power among your party members. The wasps deal physical damage when they hit.

The swarm is led by the earth spirit himself. If the earth spirit hits an enemy it deals damage equal to the total power among your party members.

So obviously the summon is more effective targeted at enemies with low defense, against parties of three enemies, and the summon is most likely to damage the center enemy.

I want to have the summons make use of the space like this, so that players need to take into account not only the type of damage, but also where the summon will do the most damage.

Other news: I've started a thing called "timelapse tuesdays." Every week I will create a timelapse of part of the development process and post it on the games' facebook page

Also: Nadia was here will be shown on "Indigo," an exposition of indie games in Utrecht, the Netherlands.

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2015, 06:35:40 AM »

I've recently started a part-time job, but it's taking a lot of my energy. I often have only 2 hours a day to work on the game and I don't want to let that time go to waste, so I'm picking this devlog up again, hoping it gives me the energy and motivation to get the most out of the development time I have.

Right now I'm working on a mine area that ties into Tereshan's personal story:

When I've finished the puzzles of this dungeon I will start working on a new demo that shows all the changes I've made in the last year and a bit. You can play the older demos but a lot of its problems have been fixed already

The soundtrack has also been finished in the last year. One or two song might still be missing, but most of them are definitely there! You can listen to the soundtrack here: https://soundcloud.com/joep-aben/sets/current-project-1

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »

There still seems to be too little time for everything.
I'm working on the mirror area still, I'm also playing with the idea to incorporate this card game I designed a while back into the game world and a side story. It would be cool to make both a physical version and an in-game version.

These cards make the game look more complicated than it is though, it's a very basic "take that" game with a fun twist.

I've used the same color palette as I did for Nadia Was Here

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »

I've had some productive days.

Here's an update on the mining area:

This is also the area where the mirrors will be.

Also, finished all the 16 different cards of the card game. Here are some of the cards:

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2015, 02:21:12 PM »

I quit my job last week, so this was the first week I could work on Nadia Was Here full time again.

I did almost as much work this week as I did in the last three months! I finished all the puzzles for an entire area of the game!

UmutD
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2015, 01:34:27 AM »

Agreed with above, very sweet colors! Following.

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »

Thanks!

I'm working on the puzzles for the abandoned school building this week:

May work on the tiles some more too. They seem a bit flat.

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »

I already love it, keep going, you've caught me.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2015, 02:15:49 AM »

Thanks!

Working on the 4 towers of the abandoned school building. It has puzzles with cracked floors you can fall through similar to Tret tree and jupiter lighthouse in golden sun

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »

Just finished the puzzles for another area of the game. It is an underground cave with bioluminescent plants.

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »

Recently I've been working on adding some "juice"

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:39 AM »

suscribing

siskavard
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »

Still looking really cool.  Cool
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »

i want to play this  Hand Money Left
brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »

subscribing too

You probably got that already but I want to say this color palette is really creative.

I liked the reflection thing too, I wonder why did you make the reflection rotate 90 degrees when you see it from the side. I mean, I know why (the wall is in another perspective) but you didn't need to took the effort I guess. Well, it made me like it a bit more so that maybe was worth it.

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »

Thanks everyone!

I was actually pretty unsure myself of how the walls should reflect, so I'm glad you think it looks good Smiley

The month of december will be spent making cutscenes, so I don't know how many new things I will have to show yet as I don't want to spoil stuff, but I am going to try to keep this updated!

Alex Higgins
Level 2

@alchiggins on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »

The reflections and juice and cards and everything's looking gooooooood.

My Dev Blog! >  Sassy Echidna Software
WIP >  Monsterpunk
Latest Game >  Bloodjak
JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2016, 06:24:33 AM »

Thanks!

I've got some pretty big news! The kickstarter for Nadia Was Here is finally live! By reaching the goal of this kickstarter I'll be able to go for the final stretch and finish the game while working on it full time. It is time to finish this game that I want to exist so badly!!

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2016, 02:10:39 AM »

I've started a Thunderclap campaign to promote my kickstarter for Nadia Was Here. It's a quick and easy way to support Nadia Was Here if you like what you are seeing!

If I reach my supporter goal, Thunderclap will blast out a timed Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr post from all supporters, creating a wave of attention.

El-Metallico
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »

Wow, man, huge amount of work. Looks great, keep it up!

Game music composer and pixelartist.
Music Portfolio 
Pixelart Portfolio
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic