Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:18:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsBLOODBALL [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: BLOODBALL [FINISHED]  (Read 33597 times)
Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »

I don't have any xbox controller, neither any friends (with an xbox controller). But the title screen looks very nice (really) Shrug

robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »

def going to give this a try, we only have three people at our office though, might need to go down the hall to find a fourth.

Do it! Btw are you the same jonbro that I hung out with that first night of GDC?

I don't have any xbox controller, neither any friends (with an xbox controller). But the title screen looks very nice (really) Shrug

Thanks. I wish everyone could play but we've been wanting to make a local 4-player game for a long time and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. If you're ever in Portland...

tnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

This looks great, I'm a big fan of the art style and hopefully will be playing with some friends this weekend.

Good job and congrats to you!
robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »

Updated the OP with a new gameplay video showing off the finished version, so if you are among the 99% who can't play this you can at least see it in action.

Once again my friends curse like sailors so I guess the audio is a little NSFW. Shrug

Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »

It looks really fun!
Even I felt pain when the ball was hitting a character! So I think I would have cursed too.

robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »

Last night I made high-res versions of the team posters in the game for shits'n'giggles:

(click for big)

sebaslive
Level 0

One of the Four

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Made an account just to say how cool looking this game looks! Awesome job! Team Magenta!! :D

Indie all around when it comes to games, films, stories, and art.
robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »

Made an account just to say how cool looking this game looks! Awesome job! Team Magenta!! :D

Wow thanks!

Finally got a chance to play it myself yesterday with some other devs (including Derek) and it was a great time! Well, I got my ass kicked most of the time but that was still fun. I also realized that there's still some tweaking to be done before I'd consider releasing it to a wider audience, but for two weeks of work I felt that it held up pretty well. Hand Any KeyCheesyHand Joystick

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »

It looked very promising, however I am by myself and only have 1 controller Sad I hope to play sometime soon though  Smiley

robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »

It looked very promising, however I am by myself and only have 1 controller Sad I hope to play sometime soon though  Smiley

I hope you play sometime in the next 12 days! Wink

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »

I sent the game to the Kongregate HQ last week, and they sent back this shot of some hardcore underground BLOODBALL  Hand Shake Right Evil Hand Shake Left

The tissues are for the tears of the losers.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »

This looks really nice, but I think it's going to suffer due to the controller requirements. I myself only have one Xbox360 controller that I can actually hook up to my Windows machine, the rest are wireless. And even if I did have four wired controllers my machine only has 2 USB ports. Any plans on an XBLIG release? I could play it that way.

robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »

Any plans on an XBLIG release? I could play it that way.

Since it's made in XNA, releasing it to XBLIG would be pretty simple. It already works just fine on the Xbox (that's what it was running on in the video we posted). I'd like more people to be able to play it, so we might just do that.

Stay tuned. Smiley

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

This looks really nice, but I think it's going to suffer due to the controller requirements. I myself only have one Xbox360 controller that I can actually hook up to my Windows machine, the rest are wireless. And even if I did have four wired controllers my machine only has 2 USB ports. Any plans on an XBLIG release? I could play it that way.

Unfortunately there's no way we could get it out on XBLIG in time for the compo, the release process is quite long (it took us about a month to get our last XBLIG release passed review).  Also, unless there was a recent change, you cannot release XBLIG games for free Sad

Ultimately this probably means that very few people will be playing our game and it will do poorly in the ranking, but this was the game we wanted to make. The prize is your product, right?

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »

Well I'd still like to try the game even if it is after the compo has ended, and I don't mind putting down some monies Hand Money Right for a good 4P local multiplayer game. I think you should still consider it.

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »

Well I'd still like to try the game even if it is after the compo has ended, and I don't mind putting down some monies Hand Money Right for a good 4P local multiplayer game. I think you should still consider it.

Oh for sure, I'd like to add a little post-compo polish and give it a proper release, maybe even port it to MonoGame (I use some modern C# features so I'm not sure if it will work).

robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »

I definitely would like to release post-compo Mac and Linux versions. Monogame would also allow us to release it on mobile devices which would be pretty crazy. You could take BLOODBALL anywhere with a phone, 4 controllers and a usb hub. Addicted

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic