Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:03:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkRequest a Song! (For free, obviously)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Request a Song! (For free, obviously)  (Read 3517 times)
chaosTechnician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:59 AM »

Oooh, I'll go.  I'm liking the stuff you've put up so far. 

How about an ambient but fast-paced looping piece for an alien landscape in an action-adventure game?  Something a bit Metroid-like, ghostly and deserted (like the

from Metroid Prime), but with a faster tempo and more urgent feel.

Nerd. Father. Husband. Student. Programmer. Ludophile. (Not necessarily in that order)
PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

Thanks for all the positive feedback everybody!

I needed to ask, what inspired you for the melody?

(i've slowed it down a bit, I'm going to make the melody my leitmotif)

do you have an email that I can add to the credits?

Glad you liked it,
At first I wanted it to be more similar to the track you posted (if you sound out the melody it sounds a little closer to it), but it wasn't nearly as good as the original. So I thought that maybe if I added a prominent melody line to it it would sound less empty. I'm not 100% sure what inspired it, though it was probably a mix of a couple newer Zelda games.  Grin

I'm not sure what you're using it for, but if you need anymore tracks don't hesitate to ask, my email (which you can credit) is hfishmusic[at]gmail[dot]com.

Oooh, I'll go.  I'm liking the stuff you've put up so far.  

How about an ambient but fast-paced looping piece for an alien landscape in an action-adventure game?  Something a bit Metroid-like, ghostly and deserted (like the

from Metroid Prime), but with a faster tempo and more urgent feel.

Sure, I can try something like that. I got a couple other requests to complete who contacted me via email, but I'll get to it shortly.
ZeroExEffEff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »

I would like to request a loopable ambient-ish song for a game I'm writing. Kind of the style reminiscent of some of Minecraft's music, but using things like piano or acoustic guitar.
PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

I would like to request a loopable ambient-ish song for a game I'm writing. Kind of the style reminiscent of some of Minecraft's music, but using things like piano or acoustic guitar.

Sure, I'll try it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:13:15 AM by Hfish » Logged
ZeroExEffEff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »

Sure, I'll try it.
Cool, thanks!
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

This, but ragtime.
SkyTech
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »

If you could, something like this

but a little darker sounding?

It'll be used on the game Warlord Tactics as well as the Soundtrack (if you don't mind, if you do I understand).
PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »

This, but ragtime.

It'll be used on the game Warlord Tactics as well as the Soundtrack (if you don't mind, if you do I understand).

I can do both of these eventually, but I have a lot of requests to work on right now. As I said before, I'm getting them from emails as well, and with the amount of work I'm putting into them (because they're for my portfolio) it might take a week or two until I can get to these. If that's okay with you I'll still happily do them.
SkyTech
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »

This, but ragtime.

I can do both of these eventually, but I have a lot of requests to work on right now. As I said before, I'm getting them from emails as well, and with the amount of work I'm putting into them (because they're for my portfolio) it might take a week or two until I can get to these. If that's okay with you I'll still happily do them.

That's fine with me! ^_^
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »

Do what you gotta do, chief.
PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »

Hey everyone,

I'm going on vacation for a bit, and won't be able to work on the requests until Jan. 3.

I've made significant progress on most of them, and hopefully they will all be done by Jan. 7.

Thanks for your patience :D
i-kari
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

Just wanted to say I'm a fan of your work on SoundCloud and have listened to the songs on loop at work. Smiley

Are you able to do sound effects in that chip/8-bit style? How about voices? I might be in need of a couple of anime voices in style of some wacky japanese video games. In addition to game music of course...

PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 07:04:14 AM »

Alright everybody, you're probably wondering where your songs are...

I'm getting to 'em! I'm sorry it's taking so long to finish them, being a senior in high school I'm not finding much time to work on them.

Please be patient, I promise I'll finish them! Hopefully you're all still here...
PurpleCurse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »

I'm finished with two more tracks...

chaosTechnician - Here's yours:

https://soundcloud.com/hfish-music/a-looped-track-for-a-ghostly

I know you said you wanted it to be upbeat and fast, but I might have gone a bit overboard Tongue

ZeroExEffEff - Your track is done as well:

https://soundcloud.com/hfish-music/an-acoustic-ambient-theme

Sorry about the lack of acoustic guitar, it didn't sound very good when I tried implementing it. Hope the strings are enough.
ZeroExEffEff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »

I'm finished with two more tracks...

chaosTechnician - Here's yours:

https://soundcloud.com/hfish-music/a-looped-track-for-a-ghostly

I know you said you wanted it to be upbeat and fast, but I might have gone a bit overboard Tongue

ZeroExEffEff - Your track is done as well:

https://soundcloud.com/hfish-music/an-acoustic-ambient-theme

Sorry about the lack of acoustic guitar, it didn't sound very good when I tried implementing it. Hope the strings are enough.
Damn, that's good. Thanks, man. Will use it.
chaosTechnician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »

Snap, that's good stuff.  Thanks!
It's got a good beat to it.  Not really ambient, but I don't know how you'd do upbeat, fast, and ambient, anyway.  I'll definitely find a place to use this, though.

Nerd. Father. Husband. Student. Programmer. Ludophile. (Not necessarily in that order)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic