Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411513 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:22:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKnock the Asteroid
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Knock the Asteroid  (Read 1216 times)
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »

"Knock the Asteroid" is a football game set in space. It will be based on my two popular games "Spacewar" and "Spacewar2".

The game will be played in teams of one or two players who control their own spaceship. The goal is to knock the asteroid so that it crashes into the opposing team's home planet. During the game, various special powers will appear that for example makes you bigger or the opposing team's planet bigger. The ships will be costumizable with different colors and shapes. Two players will be able to play on the same keyboard in any configuration and probably even against the computer. There will also be a campaign mode where you can unlock new ships, backgrounds, planets and asteroids. As soon as possible I will also add an online mode where everyone can host and join matches, with and without ranking. Due to server maintenance there will probably be a one time fee for those who wants to play online.

The developing will begin right now and I can't see any things that would stop it. I have only got one question, would you pay 5$ to be able to play online if the game offers what i promise here. There will only be one time fee. If you want to try the older versions of the game to see how fun it is just follow the links in the top of this post. Sorry for the bad physics in the old versions, but in this newer version version they will be correct. In both of the older versions player 1 steers with the "WASD-keys" and player 2 with the "ARROW-keys". In the second version, press "Enter" to start the game and "ESC" to get back to the main menu after a complete game.

As soon as I have something to show you i will post screenshots here and even a link to the game. The first 100 people who replies to this post with their wanted "Knock the Asteroid-username" will get the online mode for free when it is released. I will continue to add new features for free until the game is completely done.

Every time i show people the older versions of the game they get impressed of how fun it is to play so i think it is worth trying.

You can contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions. The game will be made in Javascript, compatible with all major browsers.

Progress 10%
I have now made the first steps on the game. The library that will be used to develop the game are now updated for handling elastic collisions. The library is made by me and the new and current version can be found here.

Progress 15%
The server for signing up and logging in is now working. When I update the game to 20% you will be able to sign up, but not to play. That will probably be today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:38:35 AM by lbrande » Logged
DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

Every time i show people the older versions of the game they get impressed of how fun it is to play so i think it is worth trying.
This would be great if you're links to Spacewar and Spacewar2 didn't lead a:
page not found.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »

This would be great if you're links to Spacewar and Spacewar2 didn't lead a:
page not found.

Sorry for that, but now they are fixed.
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »

I have now made the first steps on the game. The library that will be used to develop the game are now updated for handling elastic collisions. The library is made by me and the new and current version can be found here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:54:39 PM by lbrande » Logged
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

you're

<grammar freak>

YOUR*

*you're means you are, your means... your, that something is his / her. Something belongs to somebody.

</grammar freak>

@Spacewar2, I don't even know how to start the game  No No NO

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »

Lol. Yeah I do that all the time. Bad grammar, and bad spelling are my superpowers.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 12:33:21 AM »

you're

<grammar freak>

YOUR*

*you're means you are, your means... your, that something is his / her. Something belongs to somebody.

</grammar freak>

Just read the description.
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:09:02 AM »

you're

<grammar freak>

YOUR*

</grammar freak>

But... but.. it's so many small letters!
You can't force people who play your games to read description to know how to start your game  Giggle

lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:10 AM »

you're

<grammar freak>

YOUR*

</grammar freak>

@Spacewar2, I don't even know how to start the game  No No NO

But... but.. it's so many small letters!
You can't force people who play your games to read description to know how to start your game  Giggle
I think that 99% of all people that play computer games can read. Before I met you I thought it was 100%. Next version will be simpler. And if you want to know, I think the game will be 15% done today.
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »

The server for signing up and logging in is now working. When I update the game to 20% you will be able to sign up, but not to play. That will probably be today or tomorrow.
lbrande
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »

I'm very unhappy to inform you that I have stopped the developing if this forever. I've got many new game ideas in the last months and I hope that I can show you something before the summer.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic