Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:56:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudiomy FREE NES-like music for you to use
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: my FREE NES-like music for you to use  (Read 4246 times)
Skip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:19:47 AM »

Hi everyone,Im Skip from Belgium and Idd like to share and put my music available to use in your games.
One of the genres I make is the so-called chiptunes.

For that genre ive been mostely influenced by the early NES games offcourse;the Megaman series in particular, other influences include IDM and Drill'n bass.
People say its verry melodic and intense.I guess its what I like myself.

You can check it out if you like.
(If you'd like a fast insight,check my track HyperspaceAdventure on my space http://www.myspace.com/skiponline)

I had 2 FREE releases this year and Id like to share them here so you guys can hear what I like to make;

First is my little ep called HyperspaceAdventure (4 tracks of pure chiptune power)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o4kw6ofmxk1/Skip - HyperSpaceAdventure (Catita Records).rar

Second is Ecospheric Escape; that one is a compilation of semi-chiptune tracks,where alot of them are like a tribute to megaman.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzr3eznvbnm/Skip - Ecospheric Escape.rar

Other stuff is available for free as well on http://www.electrobel.be/artist/4563#songs (you can leave comments as well)

I have alot more stuff thats not online and that Idd also like to share with game related purposes, t'would be AWESOME.Free of charge offcourse,except mentioning who's its from, you know.
Idd also be interested in making 8-bit SFX as wel.

Came across this forum via the Bootleg Demakes I got from a friend,I must say, great job!

thanx for reading
Skip
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:22:50 AM by Skip » Logged
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:37:08 AM »

I really dig the chip tunes, and this would actually work really well for a project I'm currently fleshing out as a Wii homebrew game. Sort of a geometry wars meets Star Soldier exploration/mission game. We will see how far I get with it, but at least music makes demos seem cooler :D  I'll add you as a friend on myspace, and bug you more about some cool space chiptunes if I get my project going further.

Skip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:06:52 AM »

I really dig the chip tunes, and this would actually work really well for a project I'm currently fleshing out as a Wii homebrew game. Sort of a geometry wars meets Star Soldier exploration/mission game. We will see how far I get with it, but at least music makes demos seem cooler :D  I'll add you as a friend on myspace, and bug you more about some cool space chiptunes if I get my project going further.

great! good luck and looking forward.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »

bleep boop bleep boop, god I love chiptune  :D
Corpus
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »

This is really awesome stuff! I don't have anything I could use it for, but it's great just to listen to.
Biggerfish
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 02:27:14 AM »

So far this drill 'n bass / idm stuff is really cool, love the drums. I've only listened to two tracks but I will be going through all this and will probably edit this post with stuff about the chiptunes or if it's cool enough double post so you get a bump and I look like a whore.

Either way, kickass stuff so far!

EDIT: eargasm.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:56:07 AM by Biggerfish » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:14 AM »

Can I have your permission to put this in a game I'm working on, then? Gentleman

Skip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:51:53 AM »

Thanx for the replys guys.
A little info on your game and some screens would be handy for me to aprove.
Let me know which track(s) you would like to use.
All I ask in return is mentioning my name somewhere...in the long long credits :D

I can do adjustements or whatever is needed in a track (like a loopable track,NES style)
Or if someone has an idea for a track,I could send some try-outs.
Chiptune or not.
Ambient,Drone,Soundtrack-like stuff...
medieval
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »

Oho. Chiptune + Drum 'n Bass = Awesome Beer!
bln
Level 0

Composer SoundDesigner Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »

Great work. o/
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

Sounds like Squarepusher had a baby with an a NES.

Which is awesome.  Cool
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »

That's great man, do you release all your music under CC license?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Skip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 02:34:38 AM »

That's great man, do you release all your music under CC license?

thats right.
thanx again for listening guys, really apreciate it.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 02:48:51 AM »

It's pretty good stuff!  Very Aphex Twin/Venetian Snares-ish.  I enjoy it, although some of your pieces lack both musical chaos and mathematical precision, instead residing between the two.  It's jarring.  You have a great knack for writing catchy riffs, though.  Going for Third is practically all addicting tunes.  If you removed some of the drums that fill the space and maybe explore a little more, I'd think I'd like it even better.  It'd be interesting to see what you come up with when your music isn't so densely layered!

Overall, great job.
Skip
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 03:19:59 AM »

It's pretty good stuff!  Very Aphex Twin/Venetian Snares-ish.  I enjoy it, although some of your pieces lack both musical chaos and mathematical precision, instead residing between the two.  It's jarring.  You have a great knack for writing catchy riffs, though.  Going for Third is practically all addicting tunes.  If you removed some of the drums that fill the space and maybe explore a little more, I'd think I'd like it even better.  It'd be interesting to see what you come up with when your music isn't so densely layered!

Overall, great job.

Cool, thanx for the honest reaction.I really apreciate critisisme,no kidding.
...mathematical precision and chaos are big oposites no? and a big challenge to have both in one track.
(ow, could you give an example of a track with both? so I would understand somewhat better,you know?...some Autechre I presume...)
The question would be ;what is mathematical precision to you.
What do you mean by jarring;I believe its thinking how you wouldev done it and telling yourself;ah, too bad.right?  Wink

Did you check some of my non-drill'n bass/chiptune tracks on Electrobel?
I have a drone, ambient and a trip-hop like track aswel on there.Those are much less layered.
Other stuff is available for free as well on http://www.electrobel.be/artist/4563#songs
Thanx again for your reaction Dragonmaw.
Skip
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic