Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:03:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChasm [2d action-rpg platformer]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Chasm [2d action-rpg platformer]  (Read 112273 times)
DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »

Had to catch up on some contract work and Discord business the last couple days, so haven't gotten too much done on the game. I did however get back into the swing of things tonight  with some new bat enemies!

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »

Could you make the bat wings still flap a little bit even after you cut them in half?
DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »

Could you make the bat wings still flap a little bit even after you cut them in half?

Haha, that's a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be possible.. or maybe feasible I should say :D I'll think about it.
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »

Do you plan do change the slash animation? I think when looking at a screenshot the game looks so good but the animation is a little bit sloppy? I guess yes because you said the fire ball animation is a place holder too right?

Anyway, great idea with the bats. I would not let the wings flap it might look a little bit too weird but then again... This would be fun to watch :D

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »

Definitely like the look of this!
siskavard
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »

I have to say that I don't think having the bat flail around struggling for life would be very appealing. I like how it falls very 'video-gamey' and bounces off the ground, it's very cartoony. I don't know if the main character you control is a good guy or what, but having him run around mauling innocent bats might give the impression that he's a real asshole.

Just my thoughts
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:19 PM »

I think the cave backgrounds could use a little more detail, they look a bit flat at the moment.

Looking good in action! Smiley
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

Very sexy.
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2013, 06:58:49 AM »

I think you could improve the gore and blood feedback here, I think it looks a bit like sparks when killing the bat there. fewer larger more red parts might help, I don't exactly remember your other gibs, but this might be the case for other things too, I need to look back into the thread =)

HenrykMas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2013, 07:03:23 AM »

Wow. Looks wery good. I want to play it!
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2013, 08:51:09 AM »

I think this looks absolutley fantastic! Really, one of the more epic games I've seen lately.

My only suggestion, based on my own preferences, would be more snappy animations, fewer frames to the windup perhaps?

Still, awesome work!
deadlyhabit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »

Looks good, reminds me of Project Black Sun.
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »

Dat art..
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »

I have to say that I don't think having the bat flail around struggling for life would be very appealing. I like how it falls very 'video-gamey' and bounces off the ground, it's very cartoony. I don't know if the main character you control is a good guy or what, but having him run around mauling innocent bats might give the impression that he's a real asshole.

Just my thoughts

You are right, I don't think a bat suffering in its death battle would be a very appealing thing to have in this game. And it was not what I was aiming at with my suggestion.

I think you could implement a wing flap in different ways, not only as a struggle for life. In fact, you could certainly do it in a cartoony way, too!

The reason I suggested it in the first place was that the way it is currently implemented, it looks very sterile to me. When I look at the suddenly petrified bat, I stop being immersed in the world of the game. Then I'm just looking at (half) a sprite.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:51:33 PM by kleiba » Logged
Tranicos
Level 0

Designer: Darkest Dungeon, HOARD, Crows, more...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »

The pixels are looking great, and the game looks fun.

You've got a great start on the UI, too. Seeing that polished already is impressive for where you are at in development!

--Tyler Sigman (@tylersigman)
Designer: Darkest Dungeon, HOARD, Crows, Age of Kings DS, and more!
HyMyNameIsMatt
Level 1

Vernal Edge

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »

Just my thoughts

You are right, I don't think a bat suffering in its death battle would be a very appealing thing to have in this game. And it was not what I was aiming at with my suggestion.

I think you could implement a wing flap in different ways, not only as a struggle for life. In fact, you could certainly do it in a cartoony way, too!

The reason I suggested it in the first place was that the way it is currently implemented, it looks very sterile to me. When I look at the suddenly petrified bat, I stop being immersed in the world of the game. Then I'm just looking at (half) a sprite.

Bounce doesn't have to be there still.  If you've ever played Wind Waker then you know those enemies usually fall, cringe, fade to black and explode.  It looks cool and you don't care cause fuck moblins.

siskavard
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »

Just my thoughts

Bounce doesn't have to be there still.  If you've ever played Wind Waker then you know those enemies usually fall, cringe, fade to black and explode.  It looks cool and you don't care cause fuck moblins.

Exactly this. I only suggest not showing the bats 'suffer' because in the GIF they don't look like enemies. So to see your main character (who again, I'm assuming is the hero good guy) Take out some innocent animals is not TOO bad, but to see them suffer & flail around sucks.
Regular enemies, the more the suffering the more satisfying!

DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »

Haha sorry I haven't responded guys, I guess TIGSource decided to stop emailing me when people post replies? I gotta check my settings..

Anyhow, the last few days have gone quickly. Just been doing a lot of stuff still that's too early to show off. Tony has started working on the interior for the tavern though! Here's the work-in-progress:

HyMyNameIsMatt
Level 1

Vernal Edge

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »

That is pleasant to look at.  With how fluid everything looks I can't wait for this.

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

Haha sorry I haven't responded guys, I guess TIGSource decided to stop emailing me when people post replies? I gotta check my settings..

Anyhow, the last few days have gone quickly. Just been doing a lot of stuff still that's too early to show off. Tony has started working on the interior for the tavern though! Here's the work-in-progress:

Pretty nice color and simple style.. Bar Shelf and bar perspective looks little bit weird?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic