Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:39:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChasm [2d action-rpg platformer]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Chasm [2d action-rpg platformer]  (Read 111615 times)
Gremlin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »

Saw it at GDC Play. As with every procedurally generated game, I'll be following it with interest.
meta87
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »

Definitely want! Great work, keep it up.

fallenart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Absolutely loving the look of this game.
Voted you up on GL and following this devblog.

Can't wait to see more and good on your for going old school in a whole new way!

http://waystone.deviantart.com
www.monster-carnival.com

Local perth artist making his way in a tiny town with limited game culture.
Donations in cookies are appreciated.
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

I played this at the DNA lounge thing at GDC and it was perfect. Castlevania-inspired-rogue-like with awesome pixel art and controls smoother than buttered butter. Nice work guys.

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »

o shit you were at gdc? grrr i shouldve stopped by and tried it out OH WELL looking great btw.

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »

Thanks everyone! We had a great time at GDC, and the game went over real well. Was also very cool meeting some of you at DNA Lounge and the TIG meetup (I was in zombie mode that night unfortunately).

I managed to catch a nasty chest cold though, so I've been in bed for the past couple days. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow :/
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »

Just stopping by to say Chasm is looking better and better.

Hope you recovered from your cold!

DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2013, 07:55:23 AM »

Just stopping by to say Chasm is looking better and better.

Hope you recovered from your cold!

Thanks! Yea, I'm FINALLY feeling better and managed to get back to work yesterday. Apparently I should go outside more.. Wink
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2013, 08:16:35 AM »

Move the comp outside instead =)

I was wondering, how long is the gameplay in chasm? I mean, the expected time, when the game is all done and ready...

DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »

Move the comp outside instead =)

I was wondering, how long is the gameplay in chasm? I mean, the expected time, when the game is all done and ready...

We've got the major areas picked out we want to feature, but it's impossible to say at this point how long the full game will be. Even the demo playthrough times vary wildly depending on the player. We've had people reporting beating it anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. I'd like to shoot for a solid 8-10 hour experience if we can, as I think that's about the length of most Metroidvanias. Obviously the plus side to this game is that it should be pretty replayable Wink
unless
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2013, 02:20:23 PM »

Any word on that Kickstarter?  I'm eagerly anticipating backing it.
poe
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

Any word on that Kickstarter?  I'm eagerly anticipating backing it.

Very very soon Smiley
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »

I'm so going to bake that. Baking like a sir!

I could play the Demo and it was really nice, although the jumping felt a little off.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »

Even the demo playthrough times vary wildly depending on the player. We've had people reporting beating it anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes.

Wait, you can beat the demo? I stopped at around 30 minutes or so - thought it kinda 'went on forever'. I think going back to town to get rations and weapons made me pause. So the play-through time might vary even more wildly (which is good).

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »

I cleared both floors, only went back up once (right before it finished), and was writing up feedback as I played, so I was on the 45 minutes end.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »

Even the demo playthrough times vary wildly depending on the player. We've had people reporting beating it anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes.

Wait, you can beat the demo? I stopped at around 30 minutes or so - thought it kinda 'went on forever'. I think going back to town to get rations and weapons made me pause. So the play-through time might vary even more wildly (which is good).
S'not that long actually, it ends right after the second floor.

DiscordGames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »

Just a heads up, I posted the official batch of screenshots for the demo on the first post of the thread! Here's a preview:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:26:20 PM by DiscordGames » Logged
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »

Those graphics are incredible! And I saw the trailer, it all looks great in motion, too! Keep up the great work on this game, I can see it becoming pretty popular!

Cheetah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »

The new UI looks way better, I feel you could pull the elements further into the corners and away from the action on screen though. The new lizard men enemies are a great idea, but something about their design has been throwing me off. I think it is that they are not chibi enough, if you know what I mean. They are too well proportioned, for fictional characters, compared to everyone else. They probably could use bigger heads and maybe even bulkier bodies. Also that green on the one in the current screen shot, the contrast seems too high compared to the overall palette of the game. Hopefully you will doing variants of these guys with different weapon types or even shields.

This is looking awesome and I want to see a cave troll in action.
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:37 AM »

Just letting everyone know Discord Games officially launched their Kickstarter campaign for Chasm.

Here's Chasm's page on Kickstarter and the related post at Discord Games website

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic