Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 04:31:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMaking money on Game Jolt/Kongregate
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Making money on Game Jolt/Kongregate  (Read 5462 times)
hmm
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience making money from ad revenue on sites like Game Jolt and Kongregate? And do you have any opinions on different portals?

By the looks of it I can't upload Java applets to Kongregate, which is a shame because it seems as though Kongregate is the portal with most subscribers = more ad revenue.

Thanks!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »

I made a cool 2.27$ with 2 games on Kongregate!

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:58:03 AM »

My games have made $663.75 so far on Kongregate. Makes for a nice bonus to the primary license, but it's far too little to be anything more than beer money.

Only Flash games pay anything at all. If you're making Java or Unity games, you'll make nothing (in practice, because they get so few hits).

hmm
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »

Why the difference in hits between java and flash games?

And just for clarification, how many games for how long raised $663.75? That's quite a lot!

I am not looking to earn a living with this, but some beer money would be nice

Mustaine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »

My games have made $663.75 so far on Kongregate. Makes for a nice bonus to the primary license, but it's far too little to be anything more than beer money.

Only Flash games pay anything at all. If you're making Java or Unity games, you'll make nothing (in practice, because they get so few hits).
Can you speak at all to how many hits you're talking about for the cash you earned?  Tie ratios?  Are you freemium or are you just collecting ad revenue?

Also, there are a few Unity games on Kongregate that appear to have a significant number of views like:
CS Portable - 9,182,664 plays
Red Crucible 2 - 3,411,238 plays
BeGone - 1,921,834 plays
King's Bounty - 1,811,971 plays
Freefall - 1,475,683 plays

Are these titles exceptions to the rule?  How do "views" translate into earnings there?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic