Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:41:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Workmake a game with me I'll do the graphics
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: make a game with me I'll do the graphics  (Read 1286 times)
dincicode
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:15:11 PM »

I have made some graphics for a game I intend to have made, I wonder if anyone out there is willing to collaborate?

I just need help coding the game (when I say help I mean from beginning to end) and ill do all the graphics.

link to my deviant art gallery - http://dadich.deviantart.com/gallery/

Anyone interested can contact me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:30:36 PM by dincicode » Logged

Graphics artist with more then 7 years of experience in Illustrating Comics, Designing Characters, Making Game Cut Scenes, Posters, and Covers among other things.
DaWojinator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

I might be willing to give it a shot.  Looks from the art like you want to make an RTS of sorts?  I have more experience with 2D games, however I'm just in it for the experience at the moment, so I'll join a game-making effort as long as it isn't overly complicated.  I do have to say, though, that I'm a programmer and only a programmer, though I enjoy programming games the most.  Ask me to do any images or music and it's guaranteed to be terrible.

That being said, for an example of my work, I just recently participated in Ludum Dare 25:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=18923

Of course, just remember I'm always working to improve, and that's why I'd like experience programming a larger project.

Though that game was programmed in c++ using Allegro, I can also program in Java, Flash AS3, and Game Maker, though I prefer to think of myself as having moved on from the latter and only use it for quick sketch-ups occasionally.  I'm always willing to learn a new tool, though, so don't hesitate to ask, I would just need something like a week to a month to get acclimated depending on what tool it is, how complicated it is, and if it uses a programming language I'm familiar with.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that I hope that you don't expect this to be finished really quickly or something, the Ludum Dare contest entry I posted here may have been done in 72 hours, but a real quality game should generally take anywhere from a month to a few years depending on the complexity, as far as I'm aware.

I'm also not in this for the money, so as this game is in this sub-forum I'm assuming that this game is not going to be sold.

EDIT2: Well, nvm, I've looked through your posts and it seems you already found what you were looking for in another topic, you should probably mention that here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:40:04 PM by DaWojinator » Logged
federico1245
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »

I have many experience with flash games and I like your idea. Contact me federico1245 @hotmail.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic