Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:14:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAbundant Music: Online Procedural Music Editor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Abundant Music: Online Procedural Music Editor  (Read 32488 times)
krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19:19 AM »

Thanks!
I'll think about the looped stuff. It can probably be controlled by the structure of the song so you could do it manually but it would be great to have a boolean for the generator as well.

rosholger
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 05:47:01 AM »

yeah i have made one song that is loopable manually like that but it would be a nice feature!
krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 01:26:20 AM »

Update 11

* The visualizer is improved with info about section types.
* It is now possible to render Midi-files and "Compose" without having to log in for some browsers (newer versions of Firefox and Chrome) that supports workers, blobs, URL construction and types arrays.
* There is also a new "Song Info" window where you can see more detailed information about the song structure and instruments.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

Update 12

* Experimenting with typed arrays for rendering wavs etc. in the client. Very cool if you could create your own instruments. I am probably going for a retro sound simulation like in musagi but maybe also samples later on. It is surprisingly fast for being Javascript Smiley
* I have put the cpu-eating server down and just support plain midi-exports now. I've tested to set up timidity++ to be the default midi player and it is probably a better solution for rendering mp3s/oggs with soundfonts, like the server supported.

Jerom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »

Very great tool!! There are so many settings that, even with the tutorials, is intimidating...
May I suggest some ideas:
- add a "loopable song" tutorial
- more tutorial about how to create different atmospheres: epic / sad (with minor scale, etc.) / bouncy / creepy ...

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »

Thanks Jerom for your comments!
It is certainly true that there are to many settings Smiley
I wish I knew how to create different atmospheres myself. Then I could write tutorials about it as well Wink

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

A lot of it just comes down to musical genre stylings/entrapments, then fun variations in the lead instrument. Two-genre fusions (like choruses/verses that go back and forth, not necessarily mix together) tended to work okay, and give a decent variety about the beat patterns involved. Now, seeding a result for something like a guitar solo? That would be a pain in the butt to do.

I worked on something similar to this on my old computer before it crashed, but never could get my sound samples back to recreate it, sadly. I called it the DMG (Dynamic Music Generator).

Creating atmosphere usually just comes from the right mix of scales (high/low; main/backup) and tempo; the actual musical stylings tend to go more or less with the setting more than the mood. You don't find tropical or rave beats associated with castles, for instance; it's usually more opera, folk, or waltz.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

Thanks baconman! I hope you make another DMG Smiley

I tried to make a mysterious song with it, using some custom harmony:

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:59 AM »

Update 13

* Added some new Midi export options for removing channel messages and merging everything into just 5 channels (melody, inner 1/2, bass and percussion). This is good when you want to import a Midi into another program and do the mixing yourself.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »

Update 14
* Added custom phrase harmonic rythms (in the "Details" tab). This opens up more parameters to the harmony planner.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 04:42:20 AM »

Update 15
* Automatic song structures now add parts without melody
* Added more phrase types and added more phrase groups to the default random set

I plan to add more control over melody and bass lines and also what motifs to use for the voice lines. All the tutorials also need to be updated to the current "light" version of the server.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »

I may have missed something but I went to try this out today and I'm not seeing an Account tab. Or a Feedback one for that matter. I am seeing a locked off Compose tab though.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »

is it possible to have this as a unity add on?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »

nice
If you leave the default settings everything sounds like the worst supermarket polka, but if you change the settings a bit the results can be very interesting.
If you take the time to edit it yourself in another software it becomes a great tool
nice job

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »

Wow this is really great.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »

I may have missed something but I went to try this out today and I'm not seeing an Account tab. Or a Feedback one for that matter. I am seeing a locked off Compose tab though.

I haven't updated the tutorials after I turned off logins and feedback on the server. Sorry about that Embarrassed

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

is it possible to have this as a unity add on?

As an editor plugin in Unity for creating static songs, it shouldn't be any technical problems.
If you want to use it as a library/prefab and compose dynamic music, I think that it will be more difficult since Unity only has a low level synth. You could go for playing pitched samples though.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 10:09:25 PM »

If I had money I will throw a lot at you.

krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2013, 01:13:51 AM »

Update 16

* Added better control over the melody and bass voice lines with custom linear interpolated curves

Elrinth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2013, 02:10:25 AM »

looks amazing! I'm looking forwards to see the "compose" part of your program
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic