Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 10:21:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: ⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶  (Read 60299 times)
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »

New video for the forest environment preview:

Some changes I made to the game since the first video are shown, and in HD this time.

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »

New video for the forest environment preview:

Some changes I made to the game since the first video are shown, and in HD this time.

Shocked

Crazy

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »

Sweet! The only thing I missed was some leaf movement in the trees.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
RedPandaWasTaken
Level 0

oh, honey

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:48 AM »

Looks really pretty, that's some fine pixel work. Also, is it only me os does the grass sway faster and the windmill spin faster when the wind kicks in?
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »

Sweet! The only thing I missed was some leaf movement in the trees.
Yeah, I'm trying to think of a way I can do animations for the oak and spruce trees.

Looks really pretty, that's some fine pixel work. Also, is it only me os does the grass sway faster and the windmill spin faster when the wind kicks in?
Yes, the grass sways faster, and the windmill spins faster with gusts of wind.  The wind direction and speed for leaves/pine needles also changes, and more leaves/pine needles are created.

siskavard
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »

I'd like to add that the animation on the deer is still rough. I'm working on getting their movement to be believable but subtle. That's my personal goal, animation wise, for all of the 'background' animated creatures. They should feel like a part of the environment without being too distracting.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »

Small update:

Added some sunflowers, and the deer animations siskavard had done a while ago.  It's not much, but I figured I'd just let those who even care about it know that it wasn't abandoned.

I'm going to be picking development back up "full-time" in late June or so, as I have so other things I need to focus on until then.

sunnder
Level 0

Scorch Arena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »

Holy moly, I'm loving your screenshots and trailers, especially the music. It reminds me of a pleasant mixture of Ragnarok Online + Minecraft = great ambience. I would love to play this game.

"In any case you mustn't confuse a single failure with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2013, 03:18:03 AM »

Sort of started picking development back up.  Still not entirely sure what exactly I want to do with the game, so I've just been working on minor things that don't affect gameplay, like this alternate title screen that will become the default one when you complete the game 100%:

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2013, 03:23:23 AM »

BEAUTIFUL

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2013, 01:58:52 PM »

Man , you make me want to make an artsy game soo much :O
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »

Damn, I LOVE the colours! This is beautiful Smiley

MrBones
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »

God damn, this looks absolutely beautiful.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

Maybe I said this already, but this looks fantastic.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »

WIP overworld map for the first planet.  The drawings at the bottom of the map are the first two areas, Treveskyn Woodlands and Mosswood Bog.  I wanted to have like a crude, hand-drawn-with-pen style, but it's not as easy as it was with the text.  I'll most likely make improvements to them, or just redo them.

The pointing hand will probably receive some tweaks as well, mostly with shading.  I rushed it a bit just so I could get it done, whereas I spent quite some time fine-tuning his left hand.  The other problem I had was detailing it, which is the main reason I added the wounds and whatnot.

As for the background, I was thinking of having a different background for what area the player is currently in, like grass for the woodlands, a swampy pond for the bog, etc., as if they're holding the map downward and looking at the ground.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »

Re-did the forest/swamp drawings, as well as new ones for all of the other areas.

Of course, things aren't exactly to scale, otherwise it wouldn't really look right, but yeah.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  Just gotta redo the thumb on the left hand, and it should be complete.

conorh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »

el delicioso, looks so slick already
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2013, 07:25:25 AM »

So pretty!
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »

That, is a very pretty title screen. Looking forward to whichever direction you decide to take this game. And looking at some of the youtube comments, I don't think it's too busy looking, it'll work since the player will always be focused somewhat on the player character.

GamesOfEdan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

Beautiful styling. I really like that look.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic