Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:44:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: ⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶  (Read 60199 times)
Ant
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 01:19:23 AM »

Completely agree the first one looks much better to me, the second looks rather flat.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »

Agree with the guys. The "foggy" version was better.
sonjool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:53 AM »

The first version looks better to me as well and it looks really awesome. You might want to darken the character a tad bit to give more contrast. Because with the grass, that's almost as half as tall as the character, and the similar value make the character hard to read.

Ant
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »

Yeah darkening the robot and adding a contrasting colour would help a lot.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »

SUDDEN NAME CHANGE WHAT'S GOING ON
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »

Wow, great art style! Can't wait to play!
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

Yes, as you can see, the name has been changed.  I've been meaning to change it for a while now, but never really bothered until now.

See, Meadow (Or rather, Traversia now) was originally going to be a mini-game type thing, rather than a full game.  I decided to change it into a puzzle/adventure platformer, with a lot of other places that you'll explore in the game.

Since it's not longer only in the meadow, it wouldn't really make sense for the name to be Meadow.  I've used the name Traversia for other things in the past (Granted, ones I've never finished), and I've always liked it as the name for an adventure game.

I've also updated the screenshots in the opening post, with the new title screen.  It's a work-in-progress, but the general idea for it is there.

poe
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 08:02:47 PM »

Ah, thought this was a different project entirely. Glad to see you're sticking with meadow then Smiley
trurkowski
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 07:07:37 AM »

I'm glad to announce I'll be working on the sound design for this game on top of the music, We'll be working tirelessly on the environments to make them incredibly rich.

There will be a combination of Chip type sound effects and real sounds. As we progress I'll be getting your feedback as well.

If you are interested in listening, I started concepting music and posting to my soundcloud, you can find my first concept here. http://soundcloud.com/trurkowski/meadow-concept

Sound Design & Music Composition<br />http://soundcloud.com/trurkowski
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a pixel art animator for the game!  More info can be found here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=31838
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:41:12 PM by Forstride » Logged

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »

Meant to update a while back that I found a pixel art animator.  Welcome siskavard to the Traversia team!

He's done a few awesome animations already, with many more to come!

siskavard
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »

boom!
keon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »

I got here full circle via your comment on Phil Fish's AMA, and I gotta say this is turning out great so far! Forstride, you're a really talented pixel artist with a good sense of color theory - and I like how you're very open to feedback and criticism. With siskavard and trurkowski on board as well, I'm sure Traversia's going to be one of the most anticipated indie games in months to come.  Gomez

Speaking of which, how big are you planning on making this game? Is Fez an influence on scope too?
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »

Well, it's definitely not going to be as extremely open and intricate as FEZ's world is.  The puzzles won't be as cryptic either (Not that it's a bad thing...It just doesn't suit the style of Traversia).

vigorousjammer
Level 0

I jam... Vigorously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »

Just found out about this! It's looking great, I'm loving the art style, it's looking good and the story sounds interesting, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I created a small page on Giantbomb for ya, too. Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
http://www.giantbomb.com/traversia/3030-42002/

::End of Transmission::
hydra014
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »

I created this forum profile, I tend to shy away from forums, after discovering your game through Phil's Reddit AMA. The screenshot immediately got my attention and I wanted to ask, what you are planning this game?
Fsmv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »

I'm also from the Phil Fish AMA. I just wanted to say your art is incredible and I can't wait to see more of this game.

poe
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »

I'm not from the Phil Fish AMA; keep up the great work Matt, the project is awesome.
citricsquid
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 04:00:12 PM »

Also from the Phil Fish AMA, this looks wonderful.
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »

I've been following you for a number of weeks and I must say, this project looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see more of it soon.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic