Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Kingboo833

May 31, 2024, 03:40:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingsticky sticky: retro arcade for Browsers & iOS & OUYA
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: sticky sticky: retro arcade for Browsers & iOS & OUYA  (Read 5195 times)
caou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 03:12:20 AM »

Thanks for the tip, I've fixed the typo. Must be a common one...

caou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:55 AM »

Sticky Sticky is now avaiable on OUYA and iPhone.
You can play 10 stages for free on both versions.

iPhone version:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sticky-sticky/id645473927?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8

Of course you can still play it directly on your web browser:
http://caou.org/stickysticky/demo/

The game music OST by Buskerdroid will be release soon on a cheaptune label Smiley

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »

I was disappointed when I hit fullscreen, and instead of the game maximizing it's screen size, it just got rid of the browser interface ..

I ran into a strange thing in the first level with the first spike guy .. if he passes you while you're standing still, you automatically move onto it w/o pressing any keys .. doesn't make much sense and shouldn't it kill you instantly if you touch it?

caou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »

Looks like you found the first bug to be fixed in a 1.01 version!

Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »

I love the graphics, (GameBoy 4 color ftw!) but I wish you would stick with it! The other colors seem out of place and jarring against a nice soothing GB color scheme. I'm curious why you made the decision to not allow the player to stop moving? It just feels like an artificial way to make the game more difficult :/ Maybe if there was a reason to it (i.e. the world is made of ice or something) it would feel better.

I want to back up all of these points. I wish it were a true GB color palette - I'm confused now as to why it has extra colors sometimes, and it loses its sense of style there. Not stopping also seems like it would hurt controls.

Also wish that the jumping visual was more limited. Having a beam go from you all the way to the wall, looking that pretty... definitely doesn't feel like Gameboy graphics. The death animation though? Spot on! So, I would have loved to have seen the "jump beam" just as limited as the death animation.

Congrats on getting it out the door though! Once it hits Android, (if ever) I'll pick it up Smiley
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »

i made a video of this, might have some suggestions for you

video:

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
caou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »

Hey Hello Connor, thanks for your support, looks like the first levels seems a bit difficult to solve when playing the game for the first time...

DaMastaGama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2013, 06:54:28 AM »

Love the graphics. Really old school. Also the levels are kind of difficult. For such a simple game it's good that you able to make the player plan out his/her strategy. Small bug I found while playing. Sometimes when i have the 'power pill' and i try and eat an enemy it doesn't work properly. It just walks through the enemy. Keep working on the game, looks great so far!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic