Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:20:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLabel: indie rock strategy game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Label: indie rock strategy game  (Read 1473 times)
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »

So, I am de-idling from an extended "grr friggin' viruses" vacation from the forums to pass along news of an indie game some peoples I know worked on.  It's called "Label: Rise of Band" (no, not 'the band', just 'band', don't ask me why because I don't know).  It's a turn based strategy game where you start a new music label and you try to drive the evil corporate music overlords out of your fine city.

I can't actually tell you how awesome it is, because X-Com has stolen my heart again and I haven't taken a good run at this game yet.  But I figured I should pass on some of the indie luv anyway.

The game was a university project and I know one of the profs who led the class.  He started this up more as a game studies experiment than as a gamedev training center and I think they came up with an interesting take on a classic genre.

https://carmel.csc.twu.ca/~bonus/label/

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »

Wow, nice concept. I'll have to give this a shot. I kinda like these modern takes on the strategy genre.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic