Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:58:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMalaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Malaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )  (Read 73538 times)
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2015, 06:52:27 AM »

New stuff :
Just wondering if the text is good or no , i mean if you have hard time with dialogue text put on the up of the screen

After that i'll upload a playable build (many art no done so the houses are brown or green whenever

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »

New up !
http://k-hermann.deviantart.com/art/Malaika-Princess-the-game-New-Video-Village-508480443
Little video showing the main hub + some characters !
Unfortunetly , the sound is not from the game and some pictures are placeholder

Hope you'll be able to see the video
I'll upload on youtube tomorrow maybe

This time the capture was good (except in the end when i couldn't play anymore for some reasons)

But i'm glad where i go
I'll start working some characters and maybe the true design of the weapons

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »

NEW video !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZaQ-zaBa0&feature=youtu.be

9 minutes of gameplay  (featuring "Harpoon" , Orb Spirit sharing and more )
I'll detail the combat later !!

The dialogue in combat with the Giant weapon have been removed BUT i changed it by another feature
When you are hit by the weapon , you can see the past of the weapon
I'll not say more

I'm working on other stuff right now (like adding more sounds maybe ) but it will come soon with a playable build (there is currently one but i want to go further)
In talking of sound , it will may be changed , i composed the musics but i'm not great at it

The final shape of the game is there now , after years of changing and changing

The genre in the end is Boss rush game , mixed with many other like tower defense and combat
6 weapons to fight , 1 ennemy to stop : Soldier Farashuu

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:59:50 AM by airman4 » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »

keep up Smiley !

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »

I'll do the english ver if i have time
It's for explain basic moves

Thanks man

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2015, 03:17:51 AM »

Hazika

Download the first true build here
http://www.deviantart.com/download/510331177/dossier_jeu_concours_by_k_hermann-d8fu621.rar?token=09ca6b70f4db2c033761919021634f0bb40a1800&ts=1423307798
Go in file named "jeu build 1.0"
It's french people , sorry , it means game build 1.0
The other files are in french too , if you want to check it , you can try , it explains the lore a bit
I can't make it in english now
If you are not in deviantart memebership , tell me when you download it , i want to check something
tell me if it doesnt work also

How to play basics ?
check it
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2015/029/3/e/gampleay_commandes_de_base_malaika_princess_fm_by_k_hermann-d8fw05z.jpg

What the main concept of the game ?
Playing against giants from a new type (you'll see)
Play as Guardian , a red guardian
Chinue the heroine is from the Red faction , a girl faction from the Water kingdom
There is many Factions like the Yellow section (hazika is one of the member)
The green and white sections would be featured in the game
The strongest section is the Black one , followed by the Blue one.

What is the gameplay about ?
Like the last bosses in sonic , you battle something on the road with a high sense of epicness (check sonic rush on GBA )

Who do you play with
We play with Chinue , the main character of Malaika princess and no she is not the Malaika princess
The princess could appear in the end of the game

Chinue is her :
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/290/5/d/chinue_malaika_princess_screenshot_hd_by_k_hermann-d835zj0.png

She is from the Light Kingdom (called also Fire kingdom)
The Light people have an colored orb on their face , she is a blue orb !
The three main orb are as you guess , yellow , blue and red
Her Mother is a blue orb too !
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/290/1/5/malaika_princess_hd_screens_by_k_hermann-d835l6r.png

How i beat the weapon ?
You can beat it in a classic way , The game features weapons with hidden cores
Find the cores and shoot/dash it like a craze !

How do i find the core ?
You see the totem on the road ?
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/029/6/9/screenshoot_malaika_princess_3_by_k_hermann-d8fvf1p.png
The little yellow squares ? go through them and they'll become blue (or white if you go through them while blue again)
The weapon doesnt like those mecanic weapons from the Water Kingdom
Once it light in blue , you'll see the weapon in a weak point , shoot it !
Find a good balance between light up totems and fight
The game is created to be played and re-played so dont worry if you are lost in the beginning
The totems are always in the same place , they are not generated randomly

Good luck !
Tell me if it doesnt work and if you manage to win
If you hate the game , tell why at least ?
Dont ask to do a 3d game or a witcher style game or any crazy shit , i'm not a big company
The art is finalized , many things are missing so graphically it's incomplete , sorry for that

i'll explain other subtles thing of the gameplay like how to enter the spectral time

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:25:50 AM by airman4 » Logged

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2015, 11:31:52 AM »

No testing ?

I found today an old design of the heroine for Malaika princess

Still love the atomic hair Cheesy

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »

That last stage screen/art looks sweet.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2015, 12:08:13 PM »

can't play yet, sorry, Have you a thread in playtesting?

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »

Thanks a lot green (even i'm not sure what picture you talk about )

Gimym JIMBERT
No
Okay then i'll do it , i'll work on an little update , trying to improve the framerate ! i think i can and i'm excited for that

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »

I'm dling asap

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »

Cool then !
thanks

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2015, 03:52:12 PM »

Up
New video of showing up the spectral time mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjIxcoFZHs8&feature=youtu.be

There is several ways of defeating a boss and spectral mode is one of them

Also you can absorb the spirit of the giant and use his skills later in combat
The skill is to use with SPACE BAR , there will be as many special skills as bosses so something like 8

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »

The visual are awesome, I haven't played it yet (it's one the list of task  lol) but the game itself is confusing to look at, I wonder if it would work better with a space harrier view ... but also there should be a better background variation to imply progress toward teh city and more element in the background period, also gameplay element to interact with don't seems so clear, I'll se when I play. Music and sound are also off mood! But damn your visual are good

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:38 PM »

The visual are awesome, I haven't played it yet (it's one the list of task  lol) but the game itself is confusing to look at, I wonder if it would work better with a space harrier view ... but also there should be a better background variation to imply progress toward teh city and more element in the background period, also gameplay element to interact with don't seems so clear, I'll se when I play. Music and sound are also off mood! But damn your visual are good

Thank you gymim for the support
No problem for playing it , i'm working on something better so it's not a problem
Space harrier view i dunno , you can't see much the totem coming and light tem up (two gameplay distinctives in malaika P : light up totems and shoot the core !)

The hub ? with the giant red sword ? more elements ?
i'm thinking about that but already starts to be low on framerate so i dunno but yeah i can draw many more elements !

We'll see , in this case it depends of stencylworks more than me
The battlefield also have barely elements but it's for the framerate and the read ability

Gameplay elements are clear , each elements you can interact with make a panel appear and you know what to do
Now maybe the panel doesnt appear fast enough or something but it's the easiest way of interactions i found , you stand in front of something playable , you'll know about it

Now many things are not done ,as visually than gameplay wise but tell me everything and we'll see how it goes

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »

Forget the space harrier reference, I was thinking too loud Who, Me?

I will use an expression by former design teacher, in french "ce n'est pas parce que c'est visible que c'est lisible".

I didn't knew you had to lit up the totems, it's not clear as a backsit viewer, I don't remember this clearly introduced either to player, nor the function is clear (why do we lit them), maybe if I pay more attention but a vanilla person wouldn't know he miss something.

The only thing that is clear is that you shoot things at the sword thingy, but then it's not clear what is the kind of weird reflection below is too.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »

Forget the space harrier reference, I was thinking too loud Who, Me?

I will use an expression by former design teacher, in french "ce n'est pas parce que c'est visible que c'est lisible".

I didn't knew you had to lit up the totems, it's not clear as a backsit viewer, I don't remember this clearly introduced either to player, nor the function is clear (why do we lit them), maybe if I pay more attention but a vanilla person wouldn't know he miss something.

The only thing that is clear is that you shoot things at the sword thingy, but then it's not clear what is the kind of weird reflection below is too.

Ahh there is no tuto , the game has no beginning , so you can't know
Okay i'll explain fast , sorry for that

Basically the giant weapons you fight are no usual weapons , they are somewhat alive or was alive (in this case humm no i will not tell )
Farashuu the bad girl actvates them each time before combat and try to reach the main hub village to destroy it , you have to stop her on the road before she reaches her goal

The reflections thingy weird green stuff is the Core of the weapon
In the worldmap you don't see it
In combat Chinue will see it if you light up totems or if you approch the weapon (it doesnt like that much )
Chinue is able to see it since she is from the Light Empire and it's one of the reasons she was choosen for this Expedition and this job (more infos later)

Fire time is the First level vision of the people from Light empire , it's another vision wich activate by their Face orb , you can see thing that a regular people (people from water kingdom for example) can't see , this level is associated with red/orange

There is many levels of vision , the second level , Spectral time allows you to see another core of the xeapon ! also your shoot changes , the spectral time is associated with Blue/blue marine color

The third level is the Future vision level , you can basically see thing wich will happen but it's dangerous , a character will be revealed to use this level in the game

I dunno about the build you play but when you see the green refelctions , your screen becomes reddish/orangish
When you enter spectral time , screen became bleuish !

Some infos here :

The boss you fight is no tutorial so no introduction there
I'll make a tutorial in the end when all weapons would be playable so i'll be able to make a powerful one

The file you downloaded was for a contest , you probably saw infos reading explaining the game
It's because i didnt had the time to properly introduces in the game how to play

So to sum up if i speak to much

Light up yellow square thing wich come on your way  : totems and once touched they become blue or another colors ; they'll show you where the Giant's core is and then you can shoot it !!

That simple , be careful to not spam too much the core of the weapon , it hates it a lot

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2015, 08:08:18 PM »

I'll till I can play!

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:13 AM »

what do you mean ?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »

oh I didn't see it eat the word "wait"
i'm on a wireless keyboard and there is a lot of wireless device around me (printer, tablets, xbox1, mice) so it drops words sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic