Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:56:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMalaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Malaika Princess - The Game (2D RPG action Endless Runner )  (Read 73020 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »

BTW what was the problem with the ladder? It shouldn't be difficult in any pieces of software lol! That's intriguing because it is such a trivial thing usually lol.

Please forgive my intrusive curiousness, you don't have to answer if you don't want lol

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2016, 09:55:38 AM »

BTW what was the problem with the ladder? It shouldn't be difficult in any pieces of software lol! That's intriguing because it is such a trivial thing usually lol.

Please forgive my intrusive curiousness, you don't have to answer if you don't want lol

I cant develop one , i needed someone who really knows how it works and my coder seems to so i wont waste time trying
Also i'm not a proper coder , i prefer someone specialized in the aera , the results usually are better.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »

Yep it was a good call in order to you to grow in this field, it's highly specialized, especially when you are doing action game, and given the quality of your art, it's obvious you don't have all the time to learn all the numerous subtleties of this specialty alone.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »

Yep it was a good call in order to you to grow in this field, it's highly specialized, especially when you are doing action game, and given the quality of your art, it's obvious you don't have all the time to learn all the numerous subtleties of this specialty alone.

The guy is very cool and when he works he explains
I learn stuff with him all alone

I also learned to code on Createjs because we worked on a proto malaika (before this one)

But I really need someone of his craft to help me , if i try on my own the result will be Amateurish at best.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2016, 10:20:28 AM »

Great Smiley

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:48 AM »

Full video !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFbXzkvGlE&feature=youtu.be

GiantFox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »

I've seen your gameplay video. Are you working alone on the project?
Seems funs playing.
Although, 3 minutes of gameplay I think it's too much. Maybe you could make a shorter one, and showing different scenarios.

You can defeat your enemies with the power of your mind.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »

Well it's not the official promo video at all
i'll probably let my coder recording playing since i have problems with it
it was done to give news about Malaika princess video games

I dont work alone , we are three , me , chris the coder and aikocho who do music

The final trailer will be yeah 1 minutes , its not a full game , it will be a free to play competitive game , very simple game
nothing crazy to understand

GiantFox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2016, 02:43:19 AM »

Oh! That's great. We'll stay tuned to your game development. Seems playful and fun.

We're also few members as you. Working in small teams is easier

And our game will also be free to play; on PC. Smiley

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »

Oh! That's great. We'll stay tuned to your game development. Seems playful and fun.

We're also few members as you. Working in small teams is easier

And our game will also be free to play; on PC. Smiley

Yes because you have to keep an eye on everything in the devleopment and you need experience
So starting with a team of 1/2 or max 3 is the best , beyond its risky
Also even if i wanted a big team , i dont have the money anyway to pay them so a tiny team of 2/3 is perfect
And when the game fails , you can go back easily

Game will be free totally and there will be a donate button for people who wants to support the Team and the game

GiantFox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »

Oh! We share points of view and economy budget haha

This game we're in now it will also be free to play. Although we're preparing a kikstarter campaign.

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2016, 04:24:04 AM »

I got contacted by some musicians and i think for now we have enough for now  haha , thanks a million for the interest
Something came up as my devlog is confusing , it is , and i'm sorry for that
I will add more to the confusion because The team needs one coder to assist the main one
A unity guy or girl , who knows Unity pretty much , my main coder knows a lot so he dont want rookies please(sorry )

I asked on unity forums , i'll copy from there what i asked

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinite-runner-looking-for-a-unity-coder-for-malaika-princess-free-game.408881/

Project Genre & Platform and Ideas :
Game is infinite runner , you have to survive the boss the longer you can ! If he touches you , you die , his attacks doesnt kill but get you closer to him , to push him back get through the Yellow totems on your road.(totems are the cubes on the road , they are dropped randomly )
More the game goes and the speed increase , you can always slow down by pressing left , or go faster with right , up for jump and double jump if in air , and down to duck or groundpound if in air .
It will be playable in PC/mobile first.

The game in the video is playable for those interested by that job , otherwise nope.

Progression :
Most of all of the assets are done , you can use Infinite runner kit to go fast. (i bought it )
Members :
Aikocho ,do the main music , already started working on it (listen to the youtube video , that's it )
Possibility of a second musician
Airman (me ) : I have done the assets and done a protoype for better explanation
Chris wright : Will hold the unity project , already done a proto as well like this http://hermannkayode.com/malaikaprincess/

What we are Looking For :
We need someone dedicated and kinda fast would be welcome
The Infinite runner could require several characters but they will be added later (and probably by the main coder in the end)
Therefore i bought an infinite runner kit in the assets store so the job would be quick and easy.
I dont need something from scratch will take months/years to make.
I also need someone who is good with special effect (light and water , wave effects especially )

[email protected]
hermann kayode skype (avatar woman art )

For my credentials , i have to release a Steam game but i pushed back the dev
That game here :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150968454

To SUM UP :
We got like 2/3 musicians , so i think it's okay for now , we might ask for more musician if needed
We need one coder , fast and experimented with Unity
I bought Infinite runner kit to help coding fast , i dont need something from scratch and over complexed
I coded the prototype on stencyl , it's playable for coders interested to help us.
I'm not rich , also money went into the first musician mostly since me and my voder we are not good in music (XD )
The unity game will in the first place be one level, one character and that boss you see in the video

If its still confusing , i'll explain again.

I know , some post earlier i said we were good coding wise but yesterday my main coder said , a help could be great.
So if you have time and you are motivated and all , please help us !

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »

Good luck Smiley Can't help now but nice to see things picking up!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »

The unity thread don't work, was it deleted? did you post in the relevant part?

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2016, 01:31:47 PM »

It's on moderation still

It's have been some hours since ,  normal ? (i'm more a lurker than a poster so maybe they are scared lol )

It's posted in Non Commercial Collaboration

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »

a search for malaika give nothing though

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:26 AM »

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinite-runner-looking-for-a-unity-coder-for-malaika-princess-free-game.408881/

Try it now

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »

I can see it but

(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
Huh?

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2016, 02:37:14 AM »

Well we are waiting for eventual coder to help us

At least the thread is online now xd

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »

Coder found (facebook was the most effective , i'll go with that next time  ), but he will not help on malaika finally but on our next project

Voice acting for video games are kinda new to me , where to find them , with prices idea would be nice so i know a bit what to expect budget wise

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic