Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:32:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPacific Rim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Pacific Rim  (Read 15238 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 01:49:55 AM »

I saw the trailer for this before The Hobbit last night and it was easily the movie I was most excited about from the selection of trailers (the other one being William Smith crash landing on an Earth where all life has evolved to destroy humins)

1) The GLaDOS voice actually pissed me off since it's... GLaDOS. I thought for a fucking second it was a Valve movie like some kind of crazy portal shit since the word portal is heavily implied in the trailer but nope they're just freely stealing the voice 100%. At least they're using the Portal 2 voice and not my sweet angel's voice from Portal.

2) A good big Robot movie? Yeah, like Sinclair said, this one actually looks WAY better than tranSNOREmers (original joke pls credit) since the trailer would make it seem to be pretty cool. The robot throws a punch that is powered by a huge jet, and that's badass.

3) Pacific Rim is the name of the cheap asian food station at my college. I also live in Seattle which is on the P. Rim, meaning Seattle might very well be in the movie which would be really sweet.

4) If I'm not mistaken I saw a really cute japanese/possibly mixed race girl in the trailer??? That's way neat.

the thing to take away from this is that mixed race babies are cute as hell
ink.inc
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 01:52:32 AM »

if this movie is anywhere near as good as el laberinto del fauno i will be okay
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »

Yeah.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »

Could be good but probably won't.

Their first mistake was explaining exactly where the monsters come from in the trailer

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 06:08:08 PM »

1) The GLaDOS voice actually pissed me off since it's... GLaDOS. I thought for a fucking second it was a Valve movie like some kind of crazy portal shit since the word portal is heavily implied in the trailer but nope they're just freely stealing the voice 100%. At least they're using the Portal 2 voice and not my sweet angel's voice from Portal.

I believe Del Toro got permission from Gabe Newell. But, yeah, having the GLaDOS voice is really fucking weird and completely takes me out of the trailer.

so, that voice actress shouldn't be allowed to work anymore? because she was really good in something?

I wanted to like the Godfather but seeing Al Pacino just made me think of Jack and Jill, 1/10

deathtotheweird
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »

in case you don't know, that's not her natural voice.

it's clearly stylized to sound 100% exactly like GLaDOS and that's why it's shitty
rob
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »

oh, i hadn't seen the trailer. i agree, that is egregious. i just thought you guys were recognizing her voice

Dragonmaw
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

battlemechs are slow and they can't be done in real life but i think they are hella cool because they have weight and believability behind them.
Bandages
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »

oh, i hadn't seen the trailer. i agree, that is egregious. i just thought you guys were recognizing her voice

One of my best friends actually knows the woman who voiced GLaDOS and her husband (he voiced The Sniper) so I'm wondering if she actually lent her voice to this movie or if the fine folks at Pacific Rimjob just synthesized it to sound like her.
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »

Del Toro actually confirmed that it's Ellen McLain, assuming that IGN is to believed.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »

It looks stupid, but it has potential. Basically a modernised Godzilla...

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 03:57:20 AM »

It's stoop id nitpicking the existence of the voice of GLaDOS in this movie.
Dko people like you get in a raging fit when hearing the

?

Yeah.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 04:00:46 AM »

Because using a stock sound effect is the same as using a clearly identifiable voice from two hit video games?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
rob
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:24 AM »

It looks stupid, but it has potential. Basically a modernised Godzilla...

nobodies wearing a rubber suit and it's not an allegory

it's basically as far as you can get from a modernized Godzilla

Bandages
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »

Dko people like you get in a raging fit when hearing the

?

Your phrasing leads me to believe you're an immature dunce

Unrelated, I recognized the Wilhelm Scream during The Hobbit and it made me chuckle.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

kaijus are awesome, cgi kaijus are the worst thing imaginable
idk about that

most kaiju films are pretty terrible. i mean they're mostly simple enjoyable schlock but not much beyond that.
i mean i guess you can appreciate the craft that goes into miniatures and then how much they love blowing their own stuff up.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
rob
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »

i mean i guess you can appreciate the craft that goes into miniatures and then how much they love blowing their own stuff up.

well duh

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »

well duh
well idk effort goes into cg too

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 04:01:33 AM »

i'm a bigger fan of practical sets since they have a certain reality to them, even if it's obviously fake.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »

i'm a bigger fan of practical sets since they have a certain reality to them, even if it's obviously fake.

I like to think of it as an art form, rather than saying "wow, this is so cheesy because it's not CGI"!  Well, duh, all movies are fake, but if you're going to make your movie special effects mostly CGI I'd rather play a video game. ...Not that they'll be any different in another decade.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic