Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:52:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[feedback request]Dr. Goo's Biolab
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [feedback request]Dr. Goo's Biolab  (Read 715 times)
blackoldcat
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »

Hi guys. couple of monthes ago I release this game. tap screen to release bubbles to trap viruses.
but go to level will only increase the number of viruses. It should be lack of gameplay.
Should I increase the type of virus? or other mechanisms.

Give me some advice PLZ. Gameplay, art, UI and all about it. Thx very much.

Free Download link on Google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobean.bacwar

//---- How to play ----------------------------------------
1.Tap to drop receptors.
2.Hold tapping for bigger.
3.Use it to trap viruses.
4.Notice that the number of receptors is limited.

holliebuckets
Level 0

lover of all things nerdy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:37:59 AM »

Hello!

First off, awesome game! I love puzzle games like this and I've done a bit of virology in my day so its already a cult game for me.
Second, I want to let you know I am a consumer.  I'm not a dev or an artist, but I have been part of the indie dev process before and understand a bit more - though that maybe dangerous  Tongue

Ok, onto the game:
Art - so cute!! I love the cartoon/Nickelodeon style! Awesome!! title font is fantastic!!

UI - I don't like the buttons on the menu screen, but that is the smallest detail.  They seem a bit out of place with the rest of the art. Maybe its the font on the buttons??
   - I somehow clicked too soon and missed the "How to play" but then went back to your post and realized you may not have it in the game??  Anyways, maybe include a "how to" link on the main menu

Gameplay - loved it! Its hard to get the hang of at first and I love that! However, it does get a bit repeatitive.  It would be awesome to include other viruses or "power ups" for your bubbles.  Perhaps you could unlock other bubbles as you unlock other levels?   You could have anything! Like, incinerate bubbles (burn the virus but also pops your other bubbles) or bubbles with anti-viral drugs in them and then you could also have Resistant viruses!  Well, hello there!

Its a great game and so many fun things you could do with it!  Best of luck!!  Grin
blackoldcat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »

Hello!

First off, awesome game! I love puzzle games like this and I've done a bit of virology in my day so its already a cult game for me.
Second, I want to let you know I am a consumer.  I'm not a dev or an artist, but I have been part of the indie dev process before and understand a bit more - though that maybe dangerous  Tongue

Ok, onto the game:
Art - so cute!! I love the cartoon/Nickelodeon style! Awesome!! title font is fantastic!!

UI - I don't like the buttons on the menu screen, but that is the smallest detail.  They seem a bit out of place with the rest of the art. Maybe its the font on the buttons??
   - I somehow clicked too soon and missed the "How to play" but then went back to your post and realized you may not have it in the game??  Anyways, maybe include a "how to" link on the main menu

Gameplay - loved it! Its hard to get the hang of at first and I love that! However, it does get a bit repeatitive.  It would be awesome to include other viruses or "power ups" for your bubbles.  Perhaps you could unlock other bubbles as you unlock other levels?   You could have anything! Like, incinerate bubbles (burn the virus but also pops your other bubbles) or bubbles with anti-viral drugs in them and then you could also have Resistant viruses!  Well, hello there!

Its a great game and so many fun things you could do with it!  Best of luck!!  Grin

Thanks buddy. Ur advice is important to me, especially gameplay.

The levels indeed get repeative. Next version will include other kind of viruses, at least two type, fast virus and fat virus. Power up bubbles is an interesting idea. but how to power up in a proper way should be considered. Anyway I'll try to add some feature about bubbles! Thx again!
holliebuckets
Level 0

lover of all things nerdy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »

Awesome!! Msg me when you do! Can't wait!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic