Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 05:27:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkGame Prototypes - Looking for Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Prototypes - Looking for Artist  (Read 581 times)
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:45:54 AM »

I'm a professional non-game programmer trying to get into gamedev.  As such, I need to spend a lot of time prototyping out game ideas and learning how things are done.

I've decided that the best way to do that is make a lot of little games that show off different features.  I'd like to make new versions of old games, such as Populous and Dungeon Keeper.

However, I have zero art ability.  If I make them solo, they are going to be really ugly.  So I'm seeking an artist (or artists, if we all want to work together) that is looking to improve their own skills, too.  I'm not picky about art style, but I'd prefer to stick to 3D as much as possible.

The only thing I have to show at the moment is a horrible LD25 entry.  But I guess that at least proves I'm not all hot air, right? :D  http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=11376

If you'd like to work on making 3D environments, models or characters, reply here or send me a PM.   I'd like to make a very small and simple Dungeon Keeper clone right now, but I'm open to suggestions now and in the future.  Game design (writing, mechanics, etc etc) will be a team effort.

If any of the prototypes really turn out well, we might consider monetizing them.  But I honestly don't expect that to happen.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic