Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:25:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRetrocard - Collaborative constructor kit.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Retrocard - Collaborative constructor kit.  (Read 581 times)
Suese
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »

Hi everyone.  

I think I posted this in the from forum at first.  So here it is in the 'correct(?)' place.

A friend over at Ludum Dare suggested I post my announcement here at TIGsource.

Retrocard is a nostalgiac constructor kit for the web.   It's somewhere in-between a paint program, a game, and a fun and easy programming environment.

It's not quite ready for greater consumption but I would like some help testing it and making it better.

You can check it out here
http://danmckinnon.net/retrocard/?id=1

Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, bug reports, etc.

Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:40:52 AM by Suese » Logged
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »

What a shame such a cool little idea has slipped through the feedback net! Unfortunately for me its late over here so you'll have to excuse me if I make little sense and my exploration into the game is stunted by sleep deprivation.

Ok, for the third time attempt to write out feedback (since pressing undo in the editor has deleted my feedback 3 times *facepalm*)
Despite the issues with having to retype out feedback, do like having the keyboard shortcuts in there when working with any image editor so nice touch.

Could definitely do with a step by step tutorial to create a button based transition. Would be reasonably easy to do I imagine considering you already have the button based slide transition format there - could even create a section of the city called the library/school to learn the basics of the software.

Love the textures for the level, compensates for the simplistic pallet (although judging by the title the simplistic pallet coincides with going for the retro look. Would personally like a gameboy original colouring for the screen e.g. green and darker green for stuff drawn on the screen.

Making a repeating texture editor would be great as well so the community could rapidly create a scene of their own imagination.

Would be wondering how the community is going to be incorporated in the creation of levels (whether you're considering a chat bar for players to talk in whilst creating and whether it'll be real time or forum posting.

And most obvious feedback being it'd be nice to be able to save levels but I can imagine the space restrictions may be an issue.

Overall a great little prototype thus far (which from the fact that you came from LD the time period you created this in is fantastic!)
I wish you all the best of luck with the project and look forward to hearing future developments!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic