Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:07:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeed back for "Coated" Pc,Mac & Web
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feed back for "Coated" Pc,Mac & Web  (Read 873 times)
mamoniem
Level 0

making games 247

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »

hey everyone;
i posted from couple of days screenshots from the game Now it is fished & you can play. Here the main post in my blog :
http://10daysgame.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/coated-completed/

you can find all the versions there. plus the gameplay trailer:)

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

Bug: If I click on Play from the titlescreen, it zooms in but still asks me to either "Play" or start a "New Game".

Bug: I jumped toward a platform and got "stuck" inside the side of it. I could get out, but it looked weird and gravity didn't affect me there.

Considering you say it's finished, I'm not sure what sort of Feedback you want. I love the music and the concept seems decent. The physics irritated me, though. The gravity is too strong, so getting into the paint buckets is annoying. I also don't move quickly enough horizontally to make jumping between platforms less irritating.

I didn't get the sense that painting my character did enough. I expected it to make enemies act differently, but they never react to my character anyway.

I still think this concept could be turned into something pretty good if you decided to do more with it in the future.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »

Played up until level 7. I agree with Quicksand-S: solid aesthetics, but the physics are very irritating. Most of my challenge came from platforming -- evading the enemies was trivial, involved a lot of tedious waiting.

It's not just the horizontal acceleration, but also the level design which demands landing precisely on and gathering momentum on the sides of paint buckets, but the player can't even see exactly how wide these narrow platforms are!

I'm also not sure I like how the level design uses the exit color mechanic -- it feels arbitrary within the game world's visual language and narrows the player's options, making all of the other buckets once you color yourself correctly just traps that only waste the player's time.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic