Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:01:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174175 times)
mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2013, 01:12:44 AM »

I think having the gold count just over the player name is a better solution (the player doesn't need to search for his "gold tab" in a different place), but I agree with Seiseki that the font could be smaller.
So #2 for me too. Smiley

USteppin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2013, 07:11:25 AM »

Any tips for getting a wired xbox 360 controller with default Microsoft drivers working? The back (map) and start (menu) buttons work while in-game but no other buttons work and I can't rebind anything to the controller.
Strange, it works perfectly for me, just remember to plug the controller before launching the game.

I have it plugged in at all times.. it works fine in other games and like I said the small back and start buttons in the center of the controller work correctly in the game just nothing else.
Bender
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »

Hi,

Your game has been featured on a french website, along with some other indie games : http://www.gamekult.com/video/starsector-gk-live-inde-2-starsector-3050124085v.html

And the same video but with a more convenient video player :

it starts at around 16:28. And yes, this guys are actually journalists, even if they are very casuals in this live ^^
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2013, 05:06:03 AM »

I like it clean but would be cool to make appear the info in the #2 mode by pressing TAB or something.
Like, they slide from off-screen with one key press and return with another... or just show when holding TAB.

Working on HeliBrawl
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »

I like it clean but would be cool to make appear the info in the #2 mode by pressing TAB or something.
Like, they slide from off-screen with one key press and return with another... or just show when holding TAB.

That's exactly what it does.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2013, 03:23:52 AM »

I haven't tried it yet, but great Smiley

Working on HeliBrawl
FANS4ever
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »

So ok i was like the exe needs an icon so i made one! here's the link to the exe : http://www.mediafire.com/?63tgymiu84cw6c4

Here's proof (just the image so no one will say oh its a virus!):
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img801/8950/iconae.png
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »

Just gave it a quick test.. the graphics are really nice, and the lighting looks better in motion than in the screenshots. I think the wall graphics suffer from a lack of contast though - not on the individual brick level, but the fact that there are no areas of darker - less contrast in the tiles used. Does that make sense?

I think the walking animation (I only tried the palladin) could do with another frame or two.

At the moment I'd like to see different kind of enemies and attack patterns, it's not too interesting at the moment after the first 5 minutes. You know about this though. Smiley

FreshSheet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58:37 AM »

So ok i was like the exe needs an icon so i made one! here's the link to the exe : http://www.mediafire.com/?63tgymiu84cw6c4

You know all you have to do is right click on the image and save it... I dunno how mediafire works or anything but this is much easier.
FANS4ever
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »

You know all you have to do is right click on the image and save it... I dunno how mediafire works or anything but this is much easier.
The first link is the exe the second one is the picture of what it will look like im not that dumb to give a link to a picture download when you can like you said "save it"
FreshSheet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2013, 01:48:24 PM »

yea too bad I saved the picture then turned it into an icon in about 4 seconds sooo.... If you were trying to sell it or whatever you failed. If not then it's just an easier way to get it. Wasn't about to do whatever junk mediafire wanted me to do
eviltaco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »

i can;t wait    Panda
FANS4ever
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »

yea too bad I saved the picture then turned it into an icon in about 4 seconds sooo.... If you were trying to sell it or whatever you failed. If not then it's just an easier way to get it. Wasn't about to do whatever junk mediafire wanted me to do
I know its easy but i made it so noone would have to do it themselves.And im not selling anything theres no surveys and shi* its just a download i can add it where ever you whant i can make it dropbox if you insist...

Ps: i made the exe in like 10 minutes with the needed tools so if you don't whant it use a shortcut and just change its picture to the icon i made ....
bartekci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2013, 06:47:22 AM »

This looks fantastic! But I can't seem to find the OSX download link? You mention you have a port available. Smiley
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »

I need to adjust my Xbox controller's deadzone. Neither of the ranged characters shoot straight in front of them when there's no input from the left thumb-stick.

I played briefly with my girlfriend last night after having a few drinks. We enjoyed it but the angled shooting made the game feel a little disorienting while I was tipsy and she doesn't want to play anything but Civ4. We generated a error.txt at some point but I can't for the life of me remember how or when. Roll Eyes Hope it's not totally useless out of context.

----- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION -----
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.SpawnPlayer(PlayerInfo plr, Boolean died, Int32 unitId)
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.PlayerDeath(Int32 player, Int32 delay)
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms)
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseUpdateFrame(Stopwatch update_watch, Double& next_update, FrameEventArgs update_args)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args)
-----
FreshSheet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02:55 PM »

From your error report I'd say you got it right as you died and tried to move at just the right time. Spring any recollections?
FreshSheet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »

Tried to join a game. Got this error:
----- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION -----
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: address
   at System.Net.IPEndPoint..ctor(IPAddress address, Int32 port)
   at Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.Connect(String host, Int32 port)
   at TiltedEngine.Networking.Network.JoinGame(String appName, String host, Int32 port, Action onJoined, Action`1 onDisconnect)
   at ARPGGame.Menus.LobbyMenu..ctor(GameBase gameBase, ResourceBank resBank, Boolean host, Boolean local, Int32 maxPlayers)
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.SetMenu(MenuType menu, Object[] parameters)
   at ARPGGame.Menus.MainMenu.<GetFunction>b__7(Widget )
   at ARPGGame.GUI.ButtonWidget.MouseTrigger(Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at ARPGGame.Menus.GameMenu.ControlWidget(Widget widget, Int32 originX, Int32 originY, Point mousePos)
   at ARPGGame.Menus.GameMenu.ControlWidget(Widget widget, Int32 originX, Int32 originY, Point mousePos)
   at ARPGGame.Menus.GameMenu.Update(Int32 ms, Boolean updateControls)
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms)
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseUpdateFrame(Stopwatch update_watch, Double& next_update, FrameEventArgs update_args)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args)
-----
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »

From your error report I'd say you got it right as you died and tried to move at just the right time. Spring any recollections?

Yes that sounds entirely likely. I played for a while last night and enjoyed the game very much. I would have liked a little more variety in baddies for such a long level, though.

Up till now only a few of the games I've played with my Xbox gamepad have had issues with the joysticks being overly sensitive and these always had a way to adjust it in game. Turns out Microsoft never bothered with software to setup the controller which means I'll either have to install 3rd party software for that purpose or I'll adapt to having to move to shoot straight. I'll probably just adapt.
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2013, 01:46:28 AM »

First, I would like to tell everyone, that we are at place 19 at GL now. It's slower now, both because we are getting less votes and also, the items at this stage requires a lot more points to get past.

And, this is a spoiler of course, but if anyone would like to see the entire Floor 6, it can be viewed here:

http://www.zfight.com/misc/images/hammerwatch/2013/march/floor_6.png (it's pretty big)
It's missing a few secrets and so, but otherwise, pretty done.

Just gave it a quick test.. the graphics are really nice, and the lighting looks better in motion than in the screenshots. I think the wall graphics suffer from a lack of contast though - not on the individual brick level, but the fact that there are no areas of darker - less contrast in the tiles used. Does that make sense?

Yea, that does make sense. In our prototype, I had more bricks with darker colors, more variation, I don't know when they disappeared...

This looks fantastic! But I can't seem to find the OSX download link? You mention you have a port available. Smiley

Hmm, I don't remember ever mention that? =)
People currently play it on mac using something called "mono"(?)

@FreshSheet and oyog, Myran will look into those errors, thanks for posting them.

DankMJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »

I need to adjust my Xbox controller's deadzone. Neither of the ranged characters shoot straight in front of them when there's no input from the left thumb-stick.

I've run into this problem recently even with the computer controls. There's been several times where I'll start a game, and the ranger in our party is useless, because he won't shoot in a straight line. He just sort of wings arrows out in front of him willy nilly, which, on a character that doesn't have AOE or anything, is pretty devastating.

Any progress on the Warlock? I'm drooling thinking about having another character option in this already god-sent-game!

I've gotta say, When I first looked into the game, I thought it really needed to be procedurally generated, I thought that playing the same thing twice would bring my enjoyment down a lot. Nowadays, I really like your idea of possibly having pockets of procedural generation--- Cause these levels are great. You really did a bang up job on them.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic