Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:12:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174223 times)
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »

That shadow issue should be fixed in the latest version, http://www.hammerwatch.com/builds/hammerwatch_beta_1.03.zip

Thanks, I will try it out and get back to you!

EDIT:

Hammerwatch Beta 1.03 did not fix the shadow issue.

Before I forced shadow quality to 0:

After shadow quality was forced to 0:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:04:39 PM by SeanTL » Logged
TheMrFarquad
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2013, 01:54:37 AM »

Hi, I must say I'm loving the game, played it with local multiplayer on my friends Windows computer. I downloaded the demo for myself on Elementary OS Luna (essentially Ubuntu 12.04) and am running it with the latest stable release of Mono however I keep running into the same issue. On the level you spawn in I can only get so far round the map before the game just freezes and slows the rest of my computer to a crawl.

This is where it always crashes, at this y-position of this bridge, x-position doesn't seem to matter.
The output from the terminal is below if it helps, though I'm not sure it will.

Code:
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
PulseAudio Default

Any Help would be greatly appreciated and keep up the good work, this game is excellent.
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2013, 03:00:07 AM »

SeanTL: Can you email your error.txt file to [email protected]?
TheMrFarquad: It seems like this is a Linux-only issue. I will look in to it, but it will take me a few days.
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

Myran, the game does not generate an Error.txt file. It seems not to notice that there is a bug. If there is any way to force it to generate one, I could try that.
Negociator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »

I noticed that the notorious 'map not showing' issue has been addressed and fixed in version 1.03. Nice job with that. I was amazed when I pressed the button. It was a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work.

As a side note: will the characters have two other special abilities (as shown in the trailer) available for the beta?
emilg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »

This is one of the best/funniest game ever!

I never had so much fun with my friends, we spent a few hours just trying to get through act 1 but after about 3 tries we managed to get the boss and we failed. It's so fun and good.

I have been waiting for a game like this! I think the only things that's missing is maybe items/gear.

I just want you guys to know one thing - Don't make it easier! I love it when it's very hard to play and we need to communicate and play good together!
Tatazilla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »

For multiplayer game when another joins a game that started already, it will crash it. If you have 2 people in the game and start the multiplayer game, the one that tries to join your game will crash your game. Any additional players that is more than when the game commenced will crash the game for others.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:06 AM »

It's very annoying that people doesn't unzip the game before they tries to play it, because It's just not one person, it's several.

I wonder when it became common practice not to unzip games before playing them. I wonder if it's MS fault that they made zipfiles look like folders.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2013, 02:54:44 AM »

It's very annoying that people doesn't unzip the game before they tries to play it, because It's just not one person, it's several.

I wonder when it became common practice not to unzip games before playing them. I wonder if it's MS fault that they made zipfiles look like folders.

Simply distribute the game as an auto-extracting archive if that's all you care about.

Also, if you like the fool-proof approach, you might want to perform a fylesystem check upon first executing the game. If any of the required files and/or you detect the game is being run from a temporary filder than you prompt the user to properly unpack the game files in a suitable location.

And, yes, MS handling zip archives like they were somewhat normal folders is very misleading, especially to the eyes of casual users.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2013, 03:50:44 AM »

Post processing filters, there are several options, this is the most extreme:

Simply distribute the game as an auto-extracting archive if that's all you care about.

Also, if you like the fool-proof approach, you might want to perform a fylesystem check upon first executing the game. If any of the required files and/or you detect the game is being run from a temporary filder than you prompt the user to properly unpack the game files in a suitable location.

And, yes, MS handling zip archives like they were somewhat normal folders is very misleading, especially to the eyes of casual users.

The game will of course be shipped with a normal installer =) I wish MS did indicate better though, I never had this issue, or heard about it before, but that's because I've always used Winzip->Winrar->7zip, because before you had to use something.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2013, 04:04:41 AM »

Yeah, I kind of get the game will have a proper installer. You might still want to minimize the risk of people reporting issues because of not unpacking the files as long as the demo builds go though.

Sweet post-processing there

emilg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2013, 08:01:59 AM »

We just managed to defeat the boss! When will the next act come out? and what are the future plans for the game? will we be able to save characters and stuff?
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »

We just managed to defeat the boss! When will the next act come out? and what are the future plans for the game? will we be able to save characters and stuff?

There will be no more act released as a beta, this is the demo. To play the next act with the rest of the game, you will need to full version. It takes a lot of time doing all these beta things and we need to buy food soon...

Future plans, well, we have many, first it's going to be released on at least 3 different stores so...

emilg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »

There will be no more act released as a beta, this is the demo. To play the next act with the rest of the game, you will need to full version. It takes a lot of time doing all these beta things and we need to buy food soon...

Future plans, well, we have many, first it's going to be released on at least 3 different stores so...

Ah! When will this be then? my friends and I would easily buy this game!

Are all the acts complete yet or what are we waiting for? (except that it's going to be released in more 3 stores)

Have you thought of having doing a kickstarter? I can imagine a lot of people that would love a game like this, like myself.
Negociator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

What are the three different stores that it will be available on? Also will it be a portable version so we can install it onto a flash drive?

EDIT: I also noticed that I can select any of the graphics options, but not all of them work. Many of them un-check themselves. Is this because of a bad graphics card because I should be able to handle it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:16:03 PM by Negociator » Logged
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »

Ah! When will this be then? my friends and I would easily buy this game!

Are all the acts complete yet or what are we waiting for? (except that it's going to be released in more 3 stores)

Have you thought of having doing a kickstarter? I can imagine a lot of people that would love a game like this, like myself.

Should be out in July and good thing is that we don't need a kickstarter. Well, the acts are "pretty much" complete, there are a few things missing, like art pass on last levels (mostly some lightning and wall details), I need to make the third bonus theme (should be simple enough), fix up all sounds and add those missing (hopefullt this won't take more than a day), fix up the bosses after the first (could be a big thing this) and then play play and play.

What are the three different stores that it will be available on? Also will it be a portable version so we can install it onto a flash drive?

EDIT: I also noticed that I can select any of the graphics options, but not all of them work. Many of them un-check themselves. Is this because of a bad graphics card because I should be able to handle it.

I probably can't say what stores the game will be released on until it is, but obviously one is Steam.

I think the graphics options turns off If the game considers your graphics card inferior for some reason, you could mail this to [email protected] and Myran could help you there.

Erindil
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:32 AM »

Is the full game going to be free ?
If not, how much will the full game cost ?
Will there be a saving system ?
And finaly, will the multiplayer mode easier to setup ?
Anyway, I love this game and i will look forward to some updates and a full version :3
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2013, 01:51:48 AM »

Anyway, I love this game and i will look forward to some updates and a full version :3

Not free
$7-8 or something, sounds good, it's a 5 hour+ campaign, with editor etc
There IS a saving system right now
That Mp mode setup might bite us in the behind later on, we are doing our best to make it as easy as possible.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:54:04 AM by Hipshot » Logged

Moonkis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 04, 2013, 09:01:47 AM »

Not free
$7-8 or something, sounds good, it's a 5 hour+ campaign, with editor etc
There IS a saving system right now
That Mp mode setup might bite us in the behind later on, we are doing our best to make it as easy as possible.

I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping for a more random-generated levels approach. Though I'm sure the game will be great either way!
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »

Editor and 1.04

Ok, we just released the editor for the game!

http://www.hammerwatch.com/builds/hammerwatch_beta_1.04.zip

Except for shipping the editor with the update, we also added the post processing filters, fixed a lot of tech buggs and changed the boss level slightly.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic