Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:16:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174239 times)
Sato
Level 0

Quote Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »

I just had a couple of tries, first as a Warlock, then as a Mage. For a beta, the amount of polish in this game is amazing, the art is especially impressive (I might study it a little while trying to teach myself spriting Tongue). Good job, I'll be sure to continue to follow the betas and get it on steam when it's available!

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »

Ok, so with the just released 1.05, the game can now be pre-ordered at our homepage for $8 by doing so give you direct access to the full soundtrack (FLAC/MP3) and later the full game with steam key or for those who don't want that, without steam key =)

In this version, we added a much wanted server browser, should make it much easier to locate games and play with your friends, also, in game and lobby chat and some new editor features and other things!

This is the change list for 1.05:

Game play and Design:

Server browser:
  • A server browser have been added to the game, this should make it much easier for people to find games and play with their friends. There's still the the option to connect via direct-ip (opening your ports might still be needed in some cases). The game now auto-downloads custom levels too.

In-game and lobby chat:
  • Now you can chat in-game using our new chat, just hit ENTER in the game and type away!

New secrets:
  • Two new kinds of secrets were added to the game, one of the is a chance button that gives you up to four different rewards.

More sounds:
  • The long list of sound effects missing have become smaller! The Warlock now has sounds for his electricity and his poison dagger (which now is green).

Editor:

New Entities/elements:
  • AddParallaxLayer
  • RemoveParallaxLayer
  • PlayerCount
  • AllPlayersAreaTrigger
  • HideObject
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:15:13 AM by Hipshot » Logged

Keefachu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »

This game is really one of the best games ever.

Especially with the custom maps and everything? Totally pre-ordering this game.
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

I tried the beta, and I'm really impressed Smiley
It reminds me of an old game I played called "Get Medieval", which in turn was a Gauntlet-clone(I never played Gauntlet though).

It feels really "together", good work!
Xanthus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »

I see a lot of good additions to the editor recently, and I'd like to suggest one.

An area trigger that activates only when ALL players leave.  Right now I have my own counters and scripting set up to do this, but it takes a couple of extra objects to set it up.

Examples of why I do this: to make enemies spawn ONLY when players are in a certain area, or traps activated when you're in the area. I don't want them to deactivate when only 1 player leaves.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but would be a help if anybody else wants to implement this type of trigger without the extra scripting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:36:07 PM by Xanthus » Logged
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »

I see a lot of good additions to the editor recently, and I'd like to suggest one.

An area trigger that activates only when ALL players leave.  Right now I have my own counters and scripting set up to do this, but it takes a couple of extra objects to set it up.

Examples of why I do this: to make enemies spawn ONLY when players are in a certain area, or traps activated when you're in the area. I don't want them to deactivate when only 1 player leaves.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but would be a help if anybody else wants to implement this type of trigger without the extra scripting.
We probably won't add much more to the editor now until after the release, but I've been thinking a lot about making some kind of prefab system so you could create a complex system of objects and just save that as a single reusable script node, and hopefully make them easily shareable between users. So something like that might show up a bit after the release of the full game, but for now the editor is probably feature complete.
Imamonke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »

My friend got this game and we were really hoping to play together. It seemed to have worked for me but whenever he tried to start it, it would pop up a windaow saying that " Hammerwatch has stopped working, A problem caused in the program to stop working correctly etc. Please help.

We have tried re-downloading it, updating everything, and reading/meeting the requirements. If there is something else that we are not doing or something that we might have missed please tell us, we would really apreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:08:21 PM by Imamonke » Logged
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 05, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »

Those crashes are really hard to figure out since they give no information. Does the game create an error.txt file? Does he have the latest version of .NET? Does the debug .exe work (the one in the editor folder)?
Also, can he try running it as administrator?
Imamonke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

We couldnt find the debug file you were talking about, he has the latest version .NET, there isnt an error file.
Imamonke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 08, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »

It turns out that its not just HammerWatch that crashes on his computer. He can run games like TF2 but he cant run Dont Starve or HammerWatch. We can seem to find anything that helps.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:31:48 PM by Imamonke » Logged
alpm
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »

Those crashes are really hard to figure out since they give no information. Does the game create an error.txt file? Does he have the latest version of .NET? Does the debug .exe work (the one in the editor folder)?
Also, can he try running it as administrator?

It's happening the same thing with me.  It's has installed 2 NET Frameworks, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

It doesn't generate a erro.txt file.  I don't see any debug.exe file.  Yes, i can run as the administrator.

-

I installed in the Linux (Slackware), installed mono, as required.  But when i started the game, it consumes more than 100% of CPU usage.  So i reduced all the parameters to the lowest possible, but still lagging.  I think it's my computer.  Atom N450, 2 Gb RAM.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:48:24 PM by alpm » Logged
WicketW
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 19, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »

Hiya guys! Just registered.

I'm a big fan of the game and I'd like to make a suggestion for the developers (who doesn't?)

I feel like this game would be a PERFECT match to be ported onto the newly released OUYA console. I've had mine for a few weeks and the console is definitely THE couch playing multiplayer console to have. I can't count the hours me and my buddies have spent in TowerFall, Hidden in Plain Sight, RED and other brilliant couch multiplayer games.

Here's the deal, there's a lack of games exactly like yours on the console at the moment. If you would shift priorities to port the game ASAP you would definitely gain immeasurable ATTENTION from the internet community when the game would be released. You can contact TowerFall's dev Matt Thorson and ask him for further details. His game is on the OUYA for $15 (among the most expensive games on the console, hasn't stopped it though) and has been the most popular game there to date (over 2000 copies sold in about a month, the console has been having problems meeting demand and the playerbase is expanding rapidly).

TowerFall is local multiplayer only, with a lot less content and gamemodes than Hammerwatch yet TowerFall has been ALL over the internet in articles and online communities and I'd like to see your game gain the same traction. I've seen tons of interviews and articles all praising his game and I have no doubt your game would gain the same if not more attention as his.

I'm completely serious when I say if this game were to be released there it would with 95% certainty be THE killer app on the console and gain tons of attention and sales as well, of course. There is a demand and YOUR game can supply! Seriously, on the PC your game is one in an ocean of indies but on the newly released OUYA you'd be a shining beacon of brilliance. Personally, I'd make a port a no. 1 priority just for the media and social attention your game would definitely get.

Please consider this both from a business and marketing standpoint. Hopefully porting the game isn't a huge task, it's supposedly a snap on Unity developed games. I've also read from developers that Team OUYA are hugely helpful and you'd probably have no problem making somesort of business del with them, or just be in contact them for help and other things. I have no doubt that this game would KILL on the OUYA, and who doesn't want to play a game like this on the couch with 3 of your buddies? Just like back in the Gauntlet days.

Biggest problems would be the level editor and multiplayer since OUYA haven't added a framework there for online play but I'm pretty sure developers can add their own.

I've already preordered the game but I'd buy it again on the OUYA in a heartbeat just for the controller and TV experience and local multiplayer goodyness.

I feel like I'm talking like a marketer but I assure you I'm just a fan who saw the Yogscast videos and when I got the OUYA I was sad to see a lack of longer RPG type, dungeon crawler games and made a (in my opinion) brilliant connection.

Hopefully you'll consider this seriously. I know it must be an incredibly busy time for you so close to release now.

Thank you!
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »

Seems legit.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »

Seems legit.

Arf! Plantier than a shrub.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
NachtkARTer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2013, 12:57:47 AM »

Hey guys!
Going to test the Beta now finally, just found a Mac wrapper for it.
What I realized when looking into my Humble Account - could you consider adding the current beta there always, too?

EDIT: Some music stuttering due to the wrapper - on Win7 Laptop it works all well =)
Rushed through it with my girlfriend this Weekend - we both want more! :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:32:34 AM by Nachtkater » Logged

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239070/?snr=1_7_15__13

Sorry for not having posted here since 1997. Anyway, the game is "done" now and out on steam in a few days, the game will also be released on gamersgate.com and gog.com (no date for that yet though) this is the release trailer:

Launch trailer
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:57:59 AM by Hipshot » Logged

Meatsack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »

Gauntlet meets Diablo meets Bullet-Hell shooter...  I'm in.  I'll help you spread the word, too!  Nice job!

Making something this nice with a 2-man team gives me hope to break in big someday, too!

Writer, Game Maker, Day-Dreamer... 
The current project is Super Gunball DEMO
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 06, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »

congratulations, it looks great!

DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »