Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:45:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174130 times)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:45 AM »

This is looking really nice, haven't played gauntlet in years so will definitely be following this.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2013, 07:51:32 AM »

Thanks for the Nox remark, I love that game, played it so much back in the days and I was hoping so long for a sequel. However I don't think we come close to that game in terms of graphical quality =) But a good thing you guys brought it up, because that game has a lot of level features similar to the ones that I'm building here, with traps, buttons etc - I'm gonna reinstall it again.

On to some dev things...

We have just sorted out who's gonna be making the music for this game and we are working out details about our Greenlight trailer, hopefully we will be able to sort that out this week, not sure about that though... but we wanna get this game onto GL asap.

Added a few types of secrets to the game, standard "mega-man-esque" secrets with destroying a wall or walking through one. Also, I just tried using something other than the 360-controller, I used the SNES one and it was so great playing with that, the snes dpad really is the best ever produced.

Most active skills are in the game now, except for the warlock (more on that later), it's a great coop-experience using the skills in combination with another class, like for say the Overgrowth (ranger) and the Meteor Strike (Wizard), the Healing (Paladin) is obviously a very powerful skill too.

We decided to redesign the Warlock, because summoning isn't that fun so we are removing it and replacing it with something which doesn't play for you.

The first draft of the shop, this is where the player buys upgrades and such, it will most likely look different later on. Right now you need to enter it through the console, it should of course not be like that =)

Also, localization support is being added, so the game can be translated to other languages, modders could do this later if they want... We will of course ship the game both in Swedish and English.

* LONG TEXT *
Hope this helps!  Smiley

Yes, this help. Some really good ideas, especially the one about requiring more than one player to accessing certain areas.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »

When will we get to play some of this? Smiley

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »

When will we get to play some of this? Smiley

After our greenlightstuff's done, our next goal will be to create a beta of act1 with full features and a boss. We are not sure yet, if it's gonna be public or closed for certain people... Seeing the increased interest in the project, it might be a public test. It's still a couple of weeks until then.

anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

I just want to tell you this:
The only thing more awesome than the crisp graphics of Hammerwatch is its sound design.
Dat crate-destroyed wood-breaking noise  Evil
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »

I just want to tell you this:
The only thing more awesome than the crisp graphics of Hammerwatch is its sound design.
Dat crate-destroyed wood-breaking noise  Evil

Some of these sounds will most likely be changed and a lot of sounds are missing, it's not that easy finding sound effects as you might think.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »

You should make some, but process them a bit. It's fun! I remember making some sword hit sounds with forks hitting pots and stuff, and grinding against each other.

Working on HeliBrawl
superfoonly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »

Your game looks great! I'm really looking forward to trying it!
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »

We were playing a lot this weekend, to get material for the Greenlight trailer. The trailer will be a sum of most things I've shown, will be partially in SP and COOP 2/3/4, show the puzzle, buttons, secrets and will also feature our first music.

You should make some, but process them a bit. It's fun! I remember making some sword hit sounds with forks hitting pots and stuff, and grinding against each other.

When I have more time, I think sound is one of the things I need to see if I might wanna get more into.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:15 AM »

Ok, these are three different vendors, they are just recolored versions, the speech bubble is supposed to indicate whether they sell offensive or defensive skills, or misc items such as potions, 1ups and so. The store is in the game now, in a proper way, just go get close to the vendor and hit attack and the vendor panel displays.

I did symbols instead of writing text, because it used up too much space, I hope it's clear enough what they mean.

This is the greenlight splash image. If everything goes as it should, the greenlight should be up today, with a real trailer.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:36:11 AM by Hipshot » Logged

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »

Those screens look so crisp, I want to eat them.
Bring on that Greenlight thing, you have my vote.

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:35 AM »

...you have my vote.

And mine too (and of course, my money too Wink, haha)

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 10:08:20 AM »

...you have my vote.

And mine too (and of course, my money too Wink, haha)

And my axe!
... I mean, you have my vote too! Grin This game is looking amazing! I'm very anxious to play!

poe
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »

The symbols are definitely clear enough Smiley
DerangedMind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »

I like the potion symbol and the shield as well, but I think the sword needs some work. Make it a bit more clearly a sword (not that people will necessarily get confused, but it almost looks like a flower or a cornstalk. A little bit of editing and it should be great.

I'm loving how the game looks so far, though. Keep up the great work! Smiley
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »

The trailer is looking awesome and I must say I'm very anxious to play this Smiley

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

Voted and passed on the word Smiley

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Better late than ever, some of you already saw it!

Ok, so here it is - The GREENLIGHT-TRAILER!

The trailer features many of the features currently "done", shows both action and more calm gameplay. It's also featuring one of our Act 1 songs, tweaked for the trailer.

In a very short time, we've gotten a very good response, I sure hope we can deliver on that!

Next big step for the game is to prepare a public beta, with more or less all Act 1 features, including the boss. Next small step for me, is to write down a list of theme features and such to send to our musicians so they can start thinking about the music for the rest of the game!

I don't know how long it's gonna take to create the beta, there really is a lot to do, code and draw the boss with it's features and surroundings, complete the rest of level 2 and the entire of level 3, make sure the game works online, the UI with menus and shop works and so...

Uploaded a full clip of the act 2 gameplay featured in the video, it's a bit more action in this than shown in earlier videos.

I like the potion symbol and the shield as well, but I think the sword needs some work. Make it a bit more clearly a sword (not that people will necessarily get confused, but it almost looks like a flower or a cornstalk. A little bit of editing and it should be great.

I'm loving how the game looks so far, though. Keep up the great work! Smiley

Yea, the sword is the symbol I have issues with, the others I think work, at least for now.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 02:51:03 AM »

Great work on the trailer, it's short and sweet, I <3 it. Also casted my vote.

Yea, the sword is the symbol I have issues with, the others I think work, at least for now.

I think the icons for shops in place of text is a very good idea. Just make the sword, shield and pot just like in the game's lovely pixel art and display those in the speech bubble, it will look good.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 04:15:26 AM »

Excellent!
aaaaand voted.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic